Can Suite CRM calculate a base price (A) and per unit price (B)?

Can Suite CRM calculate a price and add it to a quote based on the following:
base price (A) add per unit x number of units price (B) = Total (A + B)

We have many items that have a base price and per unit price and want hem calculated as one price in order to reduce any errors when quoting a customer.

So if I understand correctly… item A has a base price of $100 plus $1 per unit. So if someone bought 10 units the price would be $110?

If so, no this won’t work without some kind of custom development. You could add two line items one for base price of $100 and one for unit price of $10. Something like a setup fee plus a line charge or something.

Simple what I understand:slight_smile:

1. create a Product master and give a cost price
  2. When you create a quotation, click the arrow down the part number, and it works by default.

Let me know if there is anything I can help

This can be achieved using the WorkFlow function in SuiteRM - it is very powerful - it is used through the GUI - ie does NOT need coding.

It allows updating any field, based on the values in other fields. In your case.

See the documentation for Calculated Fields .

The one drawback for you - is that WorkFlow will do the calculation you need BUT only does it on SAVE. So your users will need to be aware of that.

Have you used WorkFlows already?
Your logic might be:

• have an extra field per product: ‘Base Price’
  • Have a Workflow on the Quote module that runs on ‘Save’ and tick ‘allows repeated runs’.
  • the ACTION part of it: would replace the Line_Total field: with {add(Line_Total; Base_Price)}

If you want even more power - you’ll have seen @pgr here in the forum as they are very active helping people - he has some powerful tools - eg for you PowerReplacer may be helpful.

1 Like

Workflow’s Calculated fields are powerful and built into SuiteRM - so definitely worth becoming familiar with. To create them does not require any coding: but does require a Power-User level of person: somebody with systematic, logical way of thinking.

A simple use case you might want to start with -is in Sales:
calculate the Weighted value of an Opportunity (in sales ‘weighted’ means: the $ value multiplied by % probability) - which can be saved in a custom field you added via the GUI using Studio.

@DJuser interesting approach! I never considered using workflows on line items before. Yes, I think that would work. On save you you’d re-calc the line item price based on (base price plus the unit priceXqty)/qty.

You’d also have to create another field in the product for base price. I think that would work.

My concern would be that while the line item price may change on the quote, the total for the quote may not change until the quote is re-saved a second time. (I’ve run into this using logic hooks to essentially do the same thing).

1 Like

That is a valid concern: But it’s a problem in all CRMs and technologies -a problem of Business Logic:

What to do in this scenario:

• The Quotation is sent.
  • the Base price changes
  • days or months later:- the client orders or phones in: do they get the Old price OR the new one?

and

• The Quotation is sent.
  • the client orders and pays
  • days or months later: the Base price changes
  • the Invoice and Quote should NOT change!

Yeah, you’re right, if you calculate outside the quote, you have to worry about how price changes to the items affect the quoted items already quoted. Maybe you make a trigger or something if the status lower than delivered to calculate, otherwise, do not.

We are new to SuiteCRM, just setting up implementation of 8.4. I work with @Tkon
Master product sounds interesting concept, but I can see no mention of this in documentation.
Could you provide more information? Is this available via an add-on, or was master product available in the out-of-the-box system. Maybe available in v7 but not in v8.

First step: Find the Product from More option and fill in the details like the Name of the product you can also add a category if you have multiple products under one category, than cost and price and than Just save it.

now if you go to the product list you can see one product added.

Now go to quotation and go to the line item just select the product and click on the arrow button next to the part number and change the qty of the product you will see the changes.

:slight_smile:

1 Like