Campaigns do not come out automatically

Hi, I have a project installed with the following features:

CRM Suite version 7.2.1
Sugar CRM version 6.5.20

If I schedule a campaign for a certain date it is not sent automatically. It stays in the email queue of the Administrator panel, and from there if I can send it, but manually, of course.

Thanks in advance and greetings,

Gema

Hi. your SuiteCRM is critically out-of-date, there have been literally hundreds of security fixes, bug fixes and new features since 7.2.1…

About your problem: have you set up your Scheduler jobs? See the screen Admin / Schedulers. When you click on a job there, does it say “Last ran successfully” at a recent time?

The Campaigns emails are sent from one of those jobs - if it isn’t running, the emails won’t send (and a bunch of other things in SuiteCRM won’t work either).

hh Ok, I will follow your instructions.

Thank you very much

They are of the 2015 … but then, it is necessary to program a “crone” or something so that they leave the mails of the campaigns and they do not remain in tail of mail ?. It is not clear to me…

Yes, you need to set up crontab. These are typical instructions:

In order to run SuiteCRM Schedulers, edit your web server user's crontab file with this command:
sudo crontab -e -u www-data
... and add the following line to the crontab file:
*    *    *    *    *     cd /var/www/html; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1 

But you might need to change that “www-data” if your web server user has another name, and that directory if your cron.php file is in a different place.

Hello

From my ignorance … what content should the file cron.php have?

The file belongs to SuiteCRM, you don’t have to write it. You will find it in your SuiteCRM’s root directory.

Ok. Thank you very much.