Make a quick vote 🗳 ️How do you refer to SuiteCRM extensions: add-ons or plug-ins? Click here to have your say 👈

Campaign test email can be sent only once

Using 8.1.2

After the first test, using a test Target-List included in the campaign Target-Lists, the emails are not sent with message “Suppressed by address or domain”

I used the procedure here: https://docs.suitecrm.com/user/core-modules/target-lists/#_target_list_types

That says: “You can send your Campaign to the test list multiple times by using the Delete Test Entries button on the View Status page between re-sends.”

But it doesn’t work.

Shall I open an issue or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Couple of questions:

  1. what type of campaign is it (email or newsletter)?
  2. Are the people on the test list opted in?

Thank you for helping.

  1. Email
  2. No

But it works perfectly on v7.12.6, under the exactly same circumstances (same campaign, email template, target-list, email, no opt-in, everything…)

Ok I’ve done some testing. If you have “opt in” turned on (in email settings), I suspect it will not send any emails in SuiteCRM 8 with an email campaign, not even test emails.

Email campaigns when “opt in” is turned on (in email settings) require each contact to be checked off as “opt in”. This field is missing in SuiteCRM 8 and present in SuiteCRM 7.

As a work around, you could disable “opt in” in settings. I’ve tested and with “opt in” disabled you can send test emails and then delete the test data and send more test emails. I have tested this and it does work.

I suspect with “opt-in” enabled you won’t be able to send any emails (I can confirm test emails don’t work) because there is no way to “opt-in” the contacts.

Here’s what it looks like in 7. If this is unchecked (in 7) and “opt-in” is enable in email settings, anyone not opted in will be supressed. I think this is what’s happening in 8, without any way to opt in.

1 Like

Hello,

Your logic seems solid but I don’t have opt-in enabled on either version:

But, as a clue, when I installed v8.1.2 for testing, I backed-up the v7 database and restored it to v8, which might have some influence on the current problem. Surely I wasn’t interested in typing-in everything. I heard that v8.2 shall have an upgrade motor, which I find essential for v7 users.

Thank you for your extended support.

I’ve tested this added this as an issue on github (the opt out issue). However, you may have a different issue using the V7 database for V8. If disabling the Opt in settings is not working for you, something else is going on. Maybe try saving it with “enabled” and then re-saving “disabled” see if that does anything.

Issue 113

No, still doesn’t work.

Did what you suggested, enabled opt-in, saved, enabled confirmed opt-in, saved, disabled opt-in, saved; still no joy.

Yes, the restore of v7 database onto v8 might have an influence. Tell you what, let’s wait for the v8.2, copy the v7 production instance to a test place, do a proper migration and test again.

Meanwhile, thank you so much for your support.