Campaign Launch Wizard Throws Error After Upgrade to 7.6

After the upgrade from 7.5.3 to 7.6 I can’t use email campaigns anymore. When I open the launch wizard for any campaign I only get an empty page. The sugar log shows the following error:

Sat Apr 30 03:05:58 2016 [4282][1][FATAL]  Query Failed:  SELECT  outbound_email.*  , jt0.user_name modified_by_name , jt0.created_by modified_by_name_owner  , 'Users' modified_by_name_mod , jt1.user_name created_by_name , jt1.created_by created_by_name_owner  , 'Users' created_by_name_mod , jt2.user_name assigned_user_name , jt2.created_by assigned_user_name_owner  , 'Users' assigned_user_name_mod FROM outbound_email   LEFT JOIN  users jt0 ON outbound_email.modified_user_id=jt0.id AND jt0.deleted=0

AND jt0.deleted=0  LEFT JOIN  users jt1 ON outbound_email.created_by=jt1.id AND jt1.deleted=0

AND jt1.deleted=0  LEFT JOIN  users jt2 ON outbound_email.assigned_user_id=jt2.id AND jt2.deleted=0

AND jt2.deleted=0 where outbound_email.deleted=0: MySQL error 1054: Unknown column 'outbound_email.deleted' in 'where clause'
Sat Apr 30 03:05:58 2016 [4282][1][FATAL]  Query Failed:  SELECT  templatesectionline.*  , jt0.user_name modified_by_name , jt0.created_by modified_by_name_owner  , 'Users' modified_by_name_mod , jt1.user_name created_by_name , jt1.created_by created_by_name_owner  , 'Users' created_by_name_mod , jt2.user_name assigned_user_name , jt2.created_by assigned_user_name_owner  , 'Users' assigned_user_name_mod FROM templatesectionline   LEFT JOIN  users jt0 ON templatesectionline.modified_user_id=jt0.id AND jt0.deleted=0

AND jt0.deleted=0  LEFT JOIN  users jt1 ON templatesectionline.created_by=jt1.id AND jt1.deleted=0

AND jt1.deleted=0  LEFT JOIN  users jt2 ON templatesectionline.assigned_user_id=jt2.id AND jt2.deleted=0

AND jt2.deleted=0 where ((grp LIKE '' OR grp IS NULL)) AND templatesectionline.deleted=0 ORDER BY templatesectionline.ord: MySQL error 1146: Table 'cag_sugar_us.templatesectionline' doesn't exist
Sat Apr 30 03:05:58 2016 [4282][1][DEPRECATED] SugarBean.php: preprocess_fields_on_save() is deprecated
Sat Apr 30 03:05:58 2016 [4282][1][FATAL] Error inserting into table: templatesectionline: Query Failed: INSERT INTO templatesectionline (id,name,date_entered,date_modified,modified_user_id,created_by,description,deleted,thumbnail,ord)
                                        VALUES ('569a1997-581e-c907-4ae0-5724673ebd1f','Headline','2016-04-30 08:05:58','2016-04-30 08:05:58','1','1','<p></p><h1>Add your headline here..</h1>',0,'include/javascript/mozaik/tpls/default/thumbs/headline.png',1): MySQL error 1146: Table 'cag_sugar_us.templatesectionline' doesn't exist
Sat Apr 30 03:05:58 2016 [4282][1][FATAL] Exception in Controller: Database failure. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details.

PHP: 7.0.6
Apache: 2.4.18 (Ubuntu)
MySQL: 5.7.12-0ubuntu1 - (Ubuntu)

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

I found another clue. It seems like my update didn’t commit because of this error:

Query Failed: ALTER TABLE email_marketing   add COLUMN outbound_email_id char(36)  
NULL : MySQL error 1292: Incorrect datetime value: '0000-00-00 00:00:00' for column 'date_start' at row 34

I think the easiest way to correct this is by adjusting the query in the update file. Unfortunately I have a hard time finding it. Can anybody tell me where to find the update queries for an upgrade?

Thanks!

I actually just figured it out. I had to adjust the SQL mode for the update to go through.

SET GLOBAL sql_mode = '';

That fixed it.

1 Like

Thank you, I have the same problem.
Where do I have to put this assert?

You put it in the database. This is a setting for your SQL server. You can run this command in phpMyAdmin or any other mySQL client on our server.

SET GLOBAL sql_mode = ‘’;

I’m sorry, but I don’t think that is good advice: you are removing a LOT of flags from the SQL Mode… who knows what that will cause?

This problem is related to MySQL 5.7, and is already fixed on github, although it hasn’t been merged and released yet.

In my system the SQL Mode is:

ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

The only flag you need to remove is NO_ZERO_DATE, you can do it from phpMyAdmin on the “Variables” tab.