Bulk Actions button in AOS_Invoices module

Hey all, I’ve been trying to create a custom button in the AOS_Invoices modules list view. The module does NOT have a views/view.list.php file defined and I found the following article that looks like just the thing I needed:

https://www.sugaroutfitters.com/blog/how-to-add-buttons-to-views-in-sugarcrm

I tested the very simple example in that article and it worked as expected, the menu button appeared and when clicked it displayed an alert window with the message Hello World.

I have attempted to customise the code so that when clicked it will parse the data to an entrypoint I’ve defined. After saving the new code I continually get an error in my browser console: error adding script SyntaxError: “missing ) after argument list” Although the error sounds simple enough to fix, I for the life of me can’t figure out where the ) is missing and/or which quotation marks need to be added/moved to ensure the closing ) is recognised. The complete code I have created is as follows:

<?php
class InvoiceButtons { 
	function add()
	{
		switch ($GLOBALS['app']->controller->action) 
		{
			case "listview": // Add buttons to List View
				$button_code = <<<EOQ
<script type="text/javascript">
	$(document).ready(function(){
		var button1 = $('<li><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="return sListView.send_form(true, 'AOS_Invoices', 'index.php?entryPoint=myentrypoint&amp;func=myfunction','Please select at least 1 record to proceed.')">Custom Function</a></li>');
// Add item to "bulk actions" dropdown button on list view
		$("#actionLinkTop").sugarActionMenu('addItem',{item:button1});

});
</script>
EOQ;
				echo $button_code;
				break;
		}
	}
}

I believe the problem is in this line of code:

var button1 = $('<li><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="return sListView.send_form(true, 'AOS_Invoices', 'index.php?entryPoint=myentrypoint&amp;func=myfunction','Please select at least 1 record to proceed.')">Custom Function</a></li>');

specifically in this portion

(true, 'AOS_Invoices', 'index.php?entryPoint=myentrypoint&amp;func=myfunction','Please select at least 1 record to proceed.')

If ANYONE could give me a pointer into where the single/double quotes should be changed/added so that the closing ) is recognised I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks for your time and patience

Quick update, the code that I have inserted into the function is the SAME code I have used multiple times in custom view.list.php files to create custom buttons in the BULK ACTIONS menu. Unfortunately the AOS_Invoices module does NOT have a view.list.php file associated with it, hence my using this method. I’m assuming the code is NOT working because it is wrapped in a JS variable and so requires an edit to recognise the closing ) bracket

Anyone else looking to implement this type of functionality, here is the update var code

var button2 = $('<li><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="return sListView.send_form(true, \'Suite Module name\', \'index.php?entryPoint=customentrypoint name\',\'Please select at least 1 record to proceed.\')">Button Title</a></li>');