Hi there. I have been creating modules in Module Builder for many years now, and usually have related modules in a single package.
It’s always been a limitation that you have to deploy at Package level rather than individual module level.
One of my projects has grown a bit and so I need to move a module to a new package so I can deploy it in isolation.
Is this possible, and if so, how might I go about it?
I think it should be possible to move a module to a new package in SuiteCRM. Here’s how I would approach it:
- First, create a new package in Module Builder. Go to Module Builder and click on the “Create Package” button. Give the package a name and fill in any other required information.
- Next, export the module that you want to move. Go to Module Builder, select the module, and click on the “Export” button. This will download a .zip file containing the module’s metadata.
- Extract the .zip file and navigate to the module’s directory. You should see a directory with the module’s name, which contains all the metadata files for the module.
- Copy this directory to the new package directory that you created in step 1. The new directory should be located at: [path to SuiteCRM]/custom/Extension/modules/[new package name]/[module name]
- Open the copied files and replace the old package name with the new package name. You can do this with a find and replace tool or by manually editing the files.
- Import the new package into SuiteCRM. Go to Module Loader and select the new package .zip file. Click “Upload” and then “Install”. This will install the new package and make the module available for use.
- Finally, delete the old module from SuiteCRM. Go to Module Loader and select the old package .zip file. Click “Uninstall” and then “Commit”. This will remove the old package and its module from SuiteCRM.