Blank page is displayed when credentials are given at Configuration page

Hi,

I am trying to install Suitecrm 7.9.2 on a CentOS 7 vm. I have setup LAMP and all of the necessary pre-req’s needed for a successful install. According to the “Pre-Installation requirements” page, once I’ve http’d to local host, everything is listed as ‘OK’. My problem occurs on the 'Configuration" page. When I enter the credentials for the database; of which I have created and checked the database existence in mysql, I am expecting to get the Suitecrm login page but instead I get a blank white page. Has anyone seen this behavior before and if you have can you assist; please?

Some additional information, I noticed during the first occurrence that there were some “selinux” issues listing in /var/log/messages. In light of the issue, I disabled selinux; as well as, firewalld. However, results are still the same. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Very Respectfully,
Ty

Are there any messages in the suitecrm.log file?

Hi DJ,

Thanks so much for the response! To answer your question, that was the first thing I looked for but was unable to find it; here is what I get for logs:

[root@localhost ~]# find / |grep suitecrm.log
/root/Downloads/SuiteCRM-7.9.2/include/images/suitecrm_login.png
/root/Downloads/suitecrm/log_file_restricted.html
/root/Downloads/suitecrm/include/images/suitecrm_login.png
/var/www/html/suitecrm/log_file_restricted.html
/var/www/html/suitecrm/include/images/suitecrm_login.png
[root@localhost ~]#

In addition, I see these strange messages in /var/log/messeges:

eP/css/suitepicon.svg’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/SuiteP/css/suitepic on.svg’ and mime:‘image/svg+xml’
Jul 5 11:49:02 localhost gnome-session: (tracker-extract:3502): Tracker-WARNING **: Task for ‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/Suit eP/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.svg’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes /SuiteP/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.svg’ and mime:‘image/svg+xml’
Jul 5 11:49:02 localhost gnome-session: (tracker-extract:3502): Tracker-WARNING **: Task for ‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/Suit eP/fonts/footable.svg’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/SuiteP/fonts/footab le.svg’ and mime:‘image/svg+xml’
Jul 5 11:49:02 localhost gnome-session: (tracker-extract:3502): Tracker-WARNING **: Task for ‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/Suit eR/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.svg’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes /SuiteR/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.svg’ and mime:‘image/svg+xml’
Jul 5 11:49:02 localhost gnome-session: (tracker-extract:3502): Tracker-WARNING **: Task for ‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/Suit eR/fonts/footable.svg’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/SuiteR/fonts/footab le.svg’ and mime:‘image/svg+xml’
Jul 5 11:49:03 localhost gnome-session: (tracker-extract:3502): Tracker-WARNING **: Task for ‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/Suit e7/font/fontello.svg’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/Suite7/font/fontello .svg’ and mime:‘image/svg+xml’
Jul 5 11:49:03 localhost gnome-session: (tracker-extract:3502): Tracker-WARNING **: Task for ‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/Suit e7/fonts/footable.svg’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/Suite7/fonts/footab le.svg’ and mime:‘image/svg+xml’
Jul 5 11:49:03 localhost gnome-session: (tracker-extract:3502): Tracker-WARNING **: Task for ‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/Suit e7/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.svg’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes /Suite7/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.svg’ and mime:‘image/svg+xml’
Jul 5 11:49:03 localhost gnome-session: (tracker-extract:3502): Tracker-WARNING **: Task for ‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/defa ult/font/fontawesome-webfont.svg’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/default/ font/fontawesome-webfont.svg’ and mime:‘image/svg+xml’
Jul 5 11:49:03 localhost gnome-session: (tracker-extract:3502): Tracker-WARNING **: Task for ‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/defa ult/font/fontawesome-webfont.svgz’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/default /font/fontawesome-webfont.svgz’ and mime:‘image/svg+xml-compressed’
Jul 5 11:49:03 localhost gnome-session: (tracker-extract:3502): Tracker-WARNING **: Task for ‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/Suit eP/css/fonts/footable.svg’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/SuiteP/css/font s/footable.svg’ and mime:‘image/svg+xml’
Jul 5 11:49:04 localhost gnome-session: (tracker-extract:3502): Tracker-WARNING **: Task for ‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/Suit eR/css/fonts/footable.svg’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/themes/SuiteR/css/font s/footable.svg’ and mime:‘image/svg+xml’
Jul 5 11:49:04 localhost gnome-session: (tracker-extract:3502): Tracker-WARNING **: Task for ‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/include/jav ascript/yui/build/assets/skins/sam/sprite.psd’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/in clude/javascript/yui/build/assets/skins/sam/sprite.psd’ and mime:‘image/vnd.adobe.photoshop’
Jul 5 11:49:04 localhost gnome-session: (tracker-extract:3502): Tracker-WARNING **: Task for ‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/include/jav ascript/mozaik/vendor/tinymce/tinymce/skins/lightgray/fonts/tinymce-small.svg’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘fi le:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/include/javascript/mozaik/vendor/tinymce/tinymce/skins/lightgray/fonts/tinymce-small.svg’ and mime:‘image/sv g+xml’
Jul 5 11:49:04 localhost gnome-session: (tracker-extract:3502): Tracker-WARNING **: Task for ‘file:///root/Downloads/suitecrm/include/jav ascript/mozaik/vendor/tinymce/tinymce/skins/lightgray/fonts/tinymce.svg’ finished with error: Could not get any metadata for uri:‘file:/// root/Downloads/suitecrm/include/javascript/mozaik/vendor/tinymce/tinymce/skins/lightgray/fonts/tinymce.svg’ and mime:‘image/svg+xml’

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ty

The log will probably be in

/var/www/html/suitecrm/

but if it isn’t there yet, you should have this one instead

install.log

with the relevant messages for the installation problem.

The suitecrm.log file should be in the directory of your suitecrm instance. eg tail -n 250 /var/www/html/suitecrm/suitecrm.log. Also try running tail -n 250 /var/log/apache2/error.log - assuming you are using apache for your webserver.

Hi DJ,

Sorry for the late reply. So, I found it immensely easier to just spin this up in a container. I used the bitnami/suitecrm image from docker hub. Once I got the container up, everything seemed to run flawlessly. Thank you for your time and assistance. :slight_smile:

VR,
Ty