Blank Page After Unpacking on Shared Server

Hello good people. Thought I would look into SuiteCRM since it looks like Sugar might be killing its CE for the next generation. My attempt to install SuiteCRM leads to a blank screen for some reason. I checked the permissions and used FileZilla to set everything to 755 Recursive before selecting Custom,Data, Modules, config_override.php and changing the permissions to 775 Recursive just in case it was a permissions error. No go, I still get a blank page when navigating to the SuiteCRM URL. So, I’m stuck at the unpacking stage. I have installed both Sugar 6.4 and Sugar 6.5.14 successfully before and am running an instance for an ATS at the moment. I also noticed that some files are different between SuiteCRM and SugarCRM. Is SuiteCRM supposed to not have a config.php file? I thought it might generate during install but SugarCRM 6.5.15 seems to have the file from the beginning. Strange things. I also tried switching permissions to 777 Recursive just for fun but still nothing. I assume it is a permissions problem but I’m at the end of my novice rope. Any help would be appreciated. I also plan on trying the upgrade path when it is released to see if I have the same problems.

Thanks guys for creating something worthwhile. I can’t wait to get it working. The Workflow feature alone will help me quite a bit.

Info:
PHP 5.3
Host: Bluehost shared
MySQL: 5.5

File structure in root:
.gitignore
.htaccess
.git/
.idea/
custom/
data/
examples/
include/
install/
jssource/
log4php/
metadata/
mobile/
ModuleInstall/
Modules/
service/
soap/
themes/
Upload/
XTemplate/
Zend/
acceptDecline.php
campaign_tracker.php
campaign_trackerv2.php
config_override.php
cron.php
crossdomain.xml
dictionary.php
download.php
emailmandelivery.php
export.php
files.md5
get_url.php
HandleAjaxCall.php
ical_server.php
image.php
index.php
install.php
json_server.php
leadCapture.php
LICENSE.txt
log_file_restricted.html
maintenance.php
metagen.php
pdf.php
README.md
removeme.php
robots.txt
run_job.php
soap.php
SugarSecurity.php
sugar_version.json
sugar_version.php
suitecrm_version.php
TreeData.php
vcal_server.php
vCard.php
WebToLeadCapture.php

Hi,

Probably it is just permission issue. I set these: cache, custom, modules, themes, data, upload, mobile, config_override.php, config.php & sugarcem.log to 775 before running install.php, and after it complete the installation.

I hope this will help.

Cheers,
Lucky

Yes, I should have made it clearer in my original post. I did the permission change to 755 recursive for all the files before setting Custom,Data, Modules, config_override.php to 775 recursive as advised by the SugarCRM Linux Permissions article. I do not have config.php for some odd reason and that was part of my question. I’ll try adding the themes, upload, mobile folders to the 775 list. There is no cache folder either right now so can’t add that. Both the cache folder and config.php appear in the SugarCRM 6.5.15 package but not in the SuiteCRM 7.0.0 package I downloaded. Is that what everyone else got or does my version have issues?

Hi Laevatienn,

Have you tried downloading again from the website and unpacking to your server again? You may need to the full path to access the installer, although this should not be necessary. To do this navigate to /SuiteCRM/install.php or /install.php if you have unzipped inside the SuiteCRM folder.

The upgrade path is now available for download. Please see this topic for more information.

Thank you for your downloading SuiteCRM,

Will.

1 Like

Still blank page but the upgrade path works however it seems it doesn’t like Custom Modules that much so I’ll just have to rebuild what I’ve made. I was planning on rebuilding it anyway so no worries. The AOW doesn’t like to audit custom modules for some reason. I’ll install a fresh copy of SugarCRM 6.5.15 and upgrade from there.

When you’ve got a blank page, usually is due to a php/apache unreported to browser error. Have a terminal of the server taking a look to what’s happening to server meanwhile you try again the scenario where the error appeared, and tell what is the output of Apache. In linux usually:

tail -f /var/log/apache2/error.log

Go index.php file and put the code.
ini_set(“display_errors”,1);
error_reporting(0);

Now execute crm or run then display your error on main screen.