Blank page after login

Hi there,
I’ve installed suiteCRM to Ubuntu 14.04.
The install was fine without any error. Finally when I log in there is a bank page comes up.

Any suggestion?
It is not permission issue as the full folder changed to 777.

Cheers,

Check your owner permission

Set the following permissions on the SuiteCRM directory(Linux):
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

And also check if your installation when full by viewing your install.log

Best Regards

"-----
Check your owner permission

Set the following permissions on the SuiteCRM directory(Linux):
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php"

I waited this post. As I said in my previous post the permission been checked and changed to 777 for the full folder but still blank webpage comes up after login.
It is not a permission issue.
Is there any proper installation guide for this software?

As I said in my post, check you owner permission, not just file permission. And yes, there’s a documentation https://suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Installation

Ok, permissions updated as required.
Server restated after permission update. The welcome page comes up fine.
When I log in there is a blank page comes up.

I’m sorry guys I gave it up. This software is not working at all.
This documentation is poor. If someone can install this software from this information on the wiki site must be a mind reader…

Do you get any errors in the sugarcrm.log or even the console in Firefox (F12 Key) ?

Firefox (F12):

<html>

<head></head>
<body>

</body>

Sugarcrm.log fully empty

sounds like the permissions are not correct if the sugarcrm.log is empty or that the install just failed completely.

what about the web console.

ctrl + shift + k

ctrl shift k is not doing anything on my Linux Mint PC (Firefox browser)

Do you have any step by step guide for this installation?
I never had any similar issue with Sugarcrm or Vtiger in the past. Something definitely not right with this software.

ctrl shift k, should bring up the web console which comes in Firefox as standard.

Mikebeck above give the link

suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Installation

The install is the same as SugarCRM with some extras. could it be that it didnt install correctly ? and it needs to be reinstalled ?

Ian

I’m pretty sure that if’s not file permission and owner is that the installation didn’t complete. Maybe your php.ini configuration is untouched, remember you have to change max_execution_time to a greater value than 30. SuiteCRM installation can take up to 2 minutos depending on your hardware.

Best Regards.

https://www.rosehosting.com/blog/how-to-install-and-configure-suitecrm-with-opcache-on-an-ubuntu-14-04-vps/

Please check this guide… 1st time I followed these steps.
My server is a Digital Ocean VM

You have to check php logs, probably some class is missing.

Another reason to empty page is bad encoding, You will have in sugarcrm.log something like:

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: json_encode() [function.json-encode]: Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument

The VN been reinstalled.
Issue seems cleared. Do not ask what was the problem as I have no idea.
Only format/resinstall solved this issue.

It could have been it didnt install correctly which could cause something like this to happen.

ian.