Bad data passed in; Return to Home

Hi All,

I have searched and searched for an answer to this problem before posting, I am new here so if there is a more appropriate place for this post, my apologies. I have just migrated from sugar6.5, being frustrated with problems I couldn’t seem to be rid of I discovered this solution which seems to be a vibrant community and current solution.

The first error I was dealing with was…

strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone ‘UTC’ for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.

Which I fixed by manually adding in my timezone in php.ini as date.timezone = Australia/Brisbane
While this fixed the global records in SuiteCRM, my user which is admin, still holds onto the default time and date settings.
When I try to update them, even if I make no changes but simply hit save, I get the error “Bad data passed in; Return to Home”

I have tried different PHP versions, currently it is set to PHP5.4, which the only noticeable difference was that my website went down (using PHP7), I’m not sure what version is recommended for SuiteCRM except I read that PHP5.6 has some issues.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, I would really like to get into using SuiteCRM today but the date/timezone issue is a real problem for me as in Australia we use the format dd/mm/yyyy and looking at dates the other way round, while not impossible to fathom, can easily lead to wrong appointment setting etc.

Any help getting past this error would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

check this link for compatibility https://suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Compatibility_Matrix and regarding your time zone, there’s system timezone and user timezone check both, admin has it too.

best regards

Thanks for the reply, I checked the compatibility page and changed to PHP5.3 which cleared up some other errors I was having.

I can set the timezone in system settings, but I cant change the admin timezone, or anything else in admin for that matter, I just get the
“Bad data passed in” error.

Here is my server information
Operating System Debian GNU/Linux
Physical IP Address 122.252.15.229
Default Route 122.252.15.229
Sendmail Path /usr/sbin/sendmail
Perl Path /usr/bin/perl
Perl Version v5.14.2
Perl Modules Click To View
PHP Version -
MySQL Host localhost
MySQL version 5.7.15
PostgreSQL Host 1.pgsqlserver.com
PostgreSQL Version 9.2.9

I can see I have a different Sysql version to the recommended, do you think that could be it, or is it wrong permissions maybe?
I did try to set permissions via filezilla, which gave me better options than cpanel
More than that I’m not sure how to access the terminal to run the commands.

I could easily ask tech support for help if you think it might be the cause?
Thanks in advance

a good thing would be to check your webserver logs, but I don’t know if your hosting company allows this

best regards

Hey cheers for the reply, its late friday night and im away from my pc but will check it out tomorrow.
Interesting thing though. …
I noticed that my email my duplicated in the email settings but using firefox i couldnt remove the dupe.
Logged in on chrome, removed dupe updated timezone settings no problem.
Had a busy arvo so haven’t checked it out thoroughly but a win is a win!
Hopefully someone else gets value from my experience too.
Thanks again!

Here there is a patch working well to me for the 7.8.2 version:
https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/3302