Autocomplete in subpanel requires first_name instead of last_name - How to search for last_name?

Hi,

eg if you have a project opened and you are looking at the history-subpanel and you want to add a new notice, then you want to assign the notice to a contact.

But if you start typing a name in the contact-field and hope for autocomplate, you have to know the first_name of your contact. If you just know the last_name (=typical in Germany), then the autocompletion don´t find the contact.

So how can I changed the autocompletion of contacts to look for the last_name?

Regards, MT

Can you please try this on the demo so you can better see the english terms and tell me the exact steps?

Is a “notice” a “note”?

Are you sure you’re talking about assigning to contacts, and not to users? Because I don’t know where you have auto-complete for Contacts, only for users in “assigned to” user.

The steps I did:

1. Open an Account (Detail-View)
  2. Scroll down to the subpanel “History”
  3. Create a new “Note” (you are right :wink: )
  4. Now you have a field “Contact” where you can start typing with auto-complete. If I know the first Name of a contact, I can find the person. If I just now the last name, I can´t use the comfortable auto-complate function.

I hope this is easier to understand :slight_smile:

Ah, that. I get it now. I didn’t know that had auto-complete, that is cool.

The easy workaround is to tell your users to start with a percentage sign.

So type this

%Einstein

and you should get Albert Einstein, and Joseph Einstein, and all the other Einsteins.

If you want to skip the %, you’ll have to edit the code, I am afraid…

1 Like

Thank you very much, your workaround works B-)

Can you tell me where I have to look for the code-piece to edit?

I don’t know, really…

Maybe this has something to do with it

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/modules/Notes/vardefs.php#L264

but it might not be very linear how you can change that and not break something else. You can try it, of course…

Here is another possibility

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/modules/Notes/metadata/SearchFields.php#L43

1 Like