Auto Inc, or self-incremental field

Hello
Is there an self incremental field, or something like an AutoInt, to add in a module?

Hi Paulo,

SugarCRM/SuiteCRM doesn’t natively have this functionality. You can however analyse the cases module which has this functionality and maybe extend this/user the module builder to create a module based on this.

Thanks,

Will.

well
being to lazy to re-write my module completely, I’ve added a issue module, went to phpmyadmin, browsed the structure, and copied the settings from the field to my «table»…
do you think its that a disaster just waiting to happen ?? LOL

lol,
it didn’t took to long to slam my attempt to the floor.
lolololol
… will keep in touch…

and now, for something completely different…
I’ve managed to do exactly what I wanted (without using the issue template), but I now have to hide my auto inc field…
any idea?

Hi Paulo,

You should be able to replicate the functionality of the cases module which has an auto increment field. Have you tried creating a module based on the cases module?

Thanks,

Will.

:smiley:
Like I said, I’m too lazy to spend 30 minutes re-writing my module, but not to lazy spend hours trying to make the same thing has it appears on the issue example, from which I could start my «new» module
LOLOL
The thing is, while spending this amount of time, I’ve come to learn a lot of thing, for instance the *defs.php files, that have a lot of stuff in it.
I’ve always loved to learn the hard way…
lolol