Authentication through LDAP against Active Directory | credentials incorrect

Dear all,

I have read the official documentation and checked a lot of threads on this forum to solve the issue I’m facing with no luck.

I’m facing this error which causing headaches since a couple of days : Login credentials incorrect, please try again.

SuiteCRM 8.5 has been installed on a Debian server with Apache/PHP and mariadb .

I need users to authenticate themselve trough LDAP against an Active Directory.

Can someone give me the mandatory tags which need to be filled in the .env.local file.

I’ve tried a lot of combinations with no luck of this tags following the recommandation found on the forum.

Action also performed

• reset PHP CACHE
  • reset Apache
  • Passwords double-checked

Thanks in advance for your help and your support.

I

1. Can you share your LDAP configuration - redact any private info such as: usernames, passwords, domain names, IP addresses.
  2. When you login, what error messages, related to LDAP, are in the logs?
  3. Was login through LDAP previously working on your system? If yes, what changed between then and now?

following this topic

Thank you Chris001 for your message.

You will see below the current .env.local as I have tried like I said a lot of combinations. I have commented some of the tags on purpose as I am not sure they’re useful.

DATABASE_URL="mysql://suitecrm:MYPASSWORD@127.0.0.1:3306/suitecrm"
#APP_ENV=qa
AUTH_TYPE=ldap
###> LDAP CONFIG ###
LDAP_HOST='ldap.ourdoma.in'
LDAP_PORT=389
LDAP_ENCRYPTION=tls
LDAP_PROTOCOL_VERSION=3
LDAP_REFERRALS=false
#LDAP_QUERY_STRING=objectClass=person
#LDAP_DN_STRING='OU=OrgUnitName,DC=ourdoma,DC=in'
#LDAP_SEARCH_DN='CN=AccountServiceName,OU=Level3,OU=Level2,OU=Level1,DC=ourdoma,DC=in'
#LDAP_SEARCH_PASSWORD='#ANOTHERPASSWORD'
###< LDAP CONFIG ###
###> LDAP AUTO CREATE CONFIG ###
LDAP_AUTO_CREATE=enabled
LDAP_PROVIDER_BASE_DN='OU=OrgUnitName,DC=ourdoma,DC=in'
LDAP_PROVIDER_SEARCH_DN='CN=AccountServiceName,OU=Level3,OU=Level2,OU=Level1,DC=ourdoma,DC=in'
LDAP_PROVIDER_SEARCH_PASSWORD='#ANOTHERPASSWORD'
LDAP_PROVIDER_DEFAULT_ROLES=ROLE_USER
LDAP_PROVIDER_UID_KEY='sAMAccountName'
LDAP_PROVIDER_FILTER='(&(sAMAccountName={username})(objectClass=person))'
###< LDAP AUTO CREATE CONFIG ###

2 The only error I can see is from the browser when I open the dev tools. An error 500 is displayed.

3 SuiteCrm is being implemented. The login through LDAP worked (creating a user) once but I’m not able to retrieve which combination of these tags. So I’m perplex but hopeful that it should work :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

Following this thread.

same issue for me, except i’m just trying it on localhost. error logs mention a temporary files directory not being writable.
[2024-01-31 10:57:52] request.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\Lock\Exception\InvalidArgumentException: “The directory “/var/folders/qk/261zf9pj3cnbjxztc0_wct7ry88r7x/T” is not writable.” at /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/s8/vendor/symfony/lock/Store/FlockStore.php line 46 {“exception”:“[object] (Symfony\Component\Lock\Exception\InvalidArgumentException(code: 0): The directory "/var/folders/qk/261zf9pj3cnbjxztc0_wct7ry88r7x/T" is not writable. at /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/s8/vendor/symfony/lock/Store/FlockStore.php:46)”} []

Hello here,

I’ve tried to install a previous version of SuiteCRM 7.14 as I read in this forum the LDAP authentication is working with that release. And, it’s working, indeed.

I have filled these fields

If we refer to env.local file which is required in the 8.5 version, which tags are mandatory to allow an LDAP authentication?

Thanks in advance for your help.