Attempting Upgrade from 7.12.12 to 7.14

Hi all,

I’m attempting to update our system from version 7.12.12 to 7.14.0 using the Upgrade Wizard, however I’m encountering an error, which I’ve copied below for info.

[Fri Sep 15 14:56:52 2023] [error] AH01071: Got error '
	PHP message: 
		PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "moduleList" in root/sandbox-management/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%F1^F1D^F1D43A35%%_headerModuleList.tpl.php on line 28
	PHP message: 
		PHP Warning:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in root/sandbox-management/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%F1^F1D^F1D43A35%%_headerModuleList.tpl.php on line 28
	PHP message: 
		PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "moduleList" in root/sandbox-management/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%F1^F1D^F1D43A35%%_headerModuleList.tpl.php on line 28	
	PHP message: 
		PHP Warning:  Trying to access array offset on value of type null in root/sandbox-management/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%F1^F1D^F1D43A35%%_headerModuleList.tpl.php on line 28
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
	PHP message: 
		PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "Administration" in root/sandbox-management/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%F1^F1D^F1D43A35%%_headerModuleList.tpl.php on line 72
	PHP message: 
		PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "Administration" in root/sandbox-management/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%F1^F1D^F1D43A35%%_headerModuleList.tpl.php on line 211
	PHP message: 
		PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "LBL_SEARCH_BUTTON" in root/sandbox-management/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%F1^F1D^F1D43A35%%_headerModuleList.tpl.php on line 636
	PHP message: 
		PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "sidebartoggle" in root/sandbox-management/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%F1^F1D^F1D43A35%%_headerModuleList.tpl.php on line 942
	PHP message: 
		PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "sidebartoggle" in root/sandbox-management/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%96^96A^96AD3F25%%header.tpl.php on line 46
	PHP message: 
		PHP Warning:  Undefined global variable $installing in root/sandbox-management/cache/upgrades/temp/uCuhhb/scripts/pre_install.php on line 63
	PHP message: 
		PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Non-static method MetaParser::hasMultiplePanels() cannot be called statically in root/sandbox-management/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php:612\nStack 
			trace:\n
				#0 root/sandbox-management/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php(576): EditViewMerge->getFields(Array)\n
				#1 root/sandbox-management/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/EditViewMerge.php(778): EditViewMerge->mergeMetaData()\n
				#2 root/sandbox-management/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(204): EditViewMerge->merge('Users', 'modules/Users/m...', '/home/sites/7b/...', 'custom/modules/...', true)\n
				#3 root/sandbox-management/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(172): SugarMerge->mergeFile('Users', 'editviewdefs.ph...', true, true)\n
				#4 root/sandbox-management/modules/UpgradeWizard/SugarMerge/SugarMerge.php(140): SugarMerge->m...
'

I’m using PHP 8.0.30 on a box with CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core). I’ve been looking at the forum to try and find what has gone wrong and I think the issue may be related to the issue discussed at Error while upgrading from 7.13.0 to 7.14.0 but I’m unsure and if it is related, I’m unsure what I would need to change.

I’m grateful for any assistance with this.

Many thanks!

Aaron

Try doing the upgrade in php7.4 then change php to 8

This issue has been reported that upgrade wizard has a few incompatibility with php 8+

Hi Abuzarfaris,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delayed response. This is the first chance I’ve had to pick this up again. Unfortunately, when I change the PHP version to 7.4, I get an error 500 page, so I haven’t been able to do this.

Is there anything else I can try?

Are you able to update it to v7.14?