Archiving can not find record based on first word of name

Hi all,

This is a bit of a weird one, we have people attempting to archive using Outlook 2007, when entering the first word in the Name (title) of the organisation the record cannot be found, if however we search based on the second word in the name the record can be found.

Anyone seen this before? I am considering just developing something myself at this point as the plugin is causing quite a bit of frustration among the less tech savvy sales people.

Regards,

Sam

Apologies for the late reply, but we’re going through to try and pick up on all bugs/issues to ensure these are fixed, as we are working on a phase 2 of the plug-in with Calendar functionality and more.

Have you tried searching using wildcards(%)?

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

The issue couldn’t be easily worked around with wildcards for some reason, I will try to see if I can find my notes on it from when I raised it. Looking forward to see what you do with the new version, I think this is one of the areas where Suite can have a dramatic improvement.

Regards,

Sam

Hi,

I’m not sure if this also applies on names… But what I noticed while searching for emails in outlook plugin is that the plugin fails to find any email addresses which:

• Starts with “a” and followed directly by any of the these letters (a, b, c, d, e, f)
  • Starts with “b” and followed directly by any of the these letters (a, b, c, d, e, f)
  • Starts with “c” and followed directly by any of the these letters (a, b, c, d, e, f)
  • Starts with “d” and followed directly by any of the these letters (a, b, c, d, e, f)
  • Starts with “e” and followed directly by any of the these letters (a, b, c, d, e, f)
  • Starts with “f” and followed directly by any of the these letters (a, b, c, d, e, f)

So, it CANNOT retrieve such emails:

But it CAN find:

I’m still not able to find a solution for it. If someone works it out, please post it if possible.

Regards,