👩‍💻 Check out our latest job positions here 👈 or send us a PM for more info.

Applying Security Groups to Custom Modules

Hello All,

How does one apply Security Groups to Custom Modules?

The Security Groups Sub Panel did not show up automatically when I created a Custom Module so I added a Relationship but it does not appear to work.

TYIA,

~eric

I found these instrutions, https://suitecrm.com/media/kunena/attachments/20038/SecuritySuite_Documentation_2.1.pdf

in this post, https://suitecrm.com/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/2177-module-builder-security-groups-management

I tried it but the Subpanels don’t show up. Is the following instructions and code still valid?

~eric

Find the generated relationship file in the custom/metadata directory and replace with the following code
(file name formatted YOURCUSTOMMODULE_securitygroupsMetaData.php):

<?php $dictionary["YOURCUSTOMMODULE_securitygroups"] = array ( 'true_relationship_type' => 'many-to-many', 'relationships' => array ( ' YOURCUSTOMMODULE_securitygroups' => array ( 'lhs_module' => 'SecurityGroups', 'lhs_table' => 'securitygroups', 'lhs_key' => 'id', 'rhs_module' => 'YOURMODULENAME', 'rhs_table' => 'YOURCUSTOMMODULE', 'rhs_key' => 'id', 'join_table' => 'securitygroups_records', 'join_key_lhs' => 'securitygroup_id', 'join_key_rhs' => 'record_id', 'relationship_type' => 'many-to-many', 'relationship_role_column' => 'module', 'relationship_role_column_value' => ' YOURMODULENAME', ), ), ); ?>

When I add the custom code then run Rebuild Relationship the Relationship is deleted in the Custom Module.

Not sure what else to do to get this working.

As a work around, for now, I am simply going to re-purpose an unused Module, in this case Bugs, so that I can get this working.

I can see how someday either myself or a client will want this capability though…

~eric

:frowning:

Okay, I was able to get this working, to a point, though a Repair and Rebuild still deletes the Relationship.

First, I created the Many to Many Relationship in Studio.

Then I edited the YOURCUSTOMMODULE_securitygroupsMetaData.php file

Then I ran Repair Roles, NOT Rebuild Relationships.

At first it did not appear to work.

Then I edited the Roles, switch from one permission to another. Then it worked.

Then I ran Quick Repair and Rebuild and the custom Relationship was deleted!

How can we get this change to survive a Repair and Rebuild?

I also noticed that Users have to log out and back in to get new permissions.

~eric