AOS how to import invoices with line items

Hi,

In our workflow we have quotes sent to customers and we invoice directly from these quotes, but we also have some other items that need to be invoiced and the amounts come from an external source (normally a spreadsheet with charges from our providers). We can’t import manually these to SugarCRM because the process involves downloading 3 templates (invoices, line item groups, line items) and fill the data with the references to each content (line items to line item groups, line item groups to invoices). We have tried this but is not efficient and can induce to a lot of errors because the manual input.

I thought about using a 3rd party to help with the imports. I am trying now to work out how to import invoices with line items from an external source such as quickbooks using “cloud syncing” with as zapier.com. The problem is the referenced line items in each invoice as I can’t import those into the invoices. There is no way of creating the line items “on the fly” for each invoice.

We really need to be able to import these invoices with their line items from external sources to SugarCRM.

Have anyone had any experience with this? Can anyone offer any insights on how to achieve this?

Import invoices, then import line items referencing the invoice ID.

Import invoices, then import line items referencing the invoice ID.

This is what we are trying to avoid. Too much hassle and potential errors.

You have any success?

If you can get an excel sheet with proper data placement, a custom file reader cron script can read an import it pretty easily for you.
We had a similar situation to import non linked items into CRM. So what we did was have proper excel files with data filled in and run script on that to import invoices into CRM.