AOP Case Update Attachment Error

Hi,

I noticed that there’s a raw data dump screen that is displayed when I include an attachment to a case update from AOP. The file is attached but instead of the normal case page, I get the raw data dump page. This doesn’t happen for new cases just updates on existing cases. I Also noticed that the new attachment is not listed in the list of attachments for the case in Suitecrm itself. Only the original attachment gets listed.

I’ve attached a screenshot to show the dump.

How can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks

Hi Faiyer,

Which version of SuiteCRM/AOP Joomla package are you using?

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

Its Suitecrm 7.1 and Suitecrm Joomla Portal 1.1 for Joomla 3.x. I noticed the problem with version 7.0.2 and it still happened after upgrading to 7.1

Thanks

Hi Faiyer,

Can you inspect the element on the page/Ctrl+Shift+K(Chrome)/Ctrl+Shift+J(Firefox) and see if there are any JavaScript errors in the console?

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

Yes, it looks like there’s an ajax error. I’ve attached the screenshot for Firefox. The shortcut for chrome didn’t work.

Hi Faiyer,

There was previously an issue like this but this is resolved in the Joomla Portal 1.1.1 release.

If upgrading isn’t possible then you can fix this issue by changing

components/com_advancedopenportal/views/showcase/tmpl/default.php

The lines

jQuery("a.prettyDate").prettyDate();
jQuery(this).ajaxSubmit(options);
jQuery("a").prettyDate();

should be changed to replace ‘jQuery’ with ‘$’

i.e.

jQuery(this).ajaxSubmit(options);

becomes

$(this).ajaxSubmit(options);

Thanks,
Jim

Thanks Jim,

I replaced the lines like you advised. I noticed there were several lines with the jQuery function but I replaced only the 3 displayed. Should I have replaced all of them?

Now everything works well in chrome but it still the same in firefox. I’ve attached the screenshot from firefox.

Thanks

Hi Jim/Will,

Any updates on this? I’ve updated the AOP to version 1.1.1 and its still the same works fine on chrome but still shows the dump on firefox.

Thanks

Hi Faiyer,

Would you mind posting the default.php file you’re using? It’s odd that chrome is fine but FF isn’t and this could help us track it down.

Thanks,
Jim

Ok. Just to be sure please confirm the path to copy the default.php file from.

Thanks

Hi Faiyer,

The file can be found at:

/path/to/joomla/components/com_advancedopenportal/views/showcase/tmpl/default.php

Thanks,
Jim

Please find attached as requested.

Thanks

This looks fine, I’m not sure why the ajaxSubmit isn’t available. Can you confirm if

components/com_advancedopenportal/js/jquery.form.min.js

exists and that your web server has permissions to read it? You can confirm this by going to:

www.example.com/yourjoomlasite/components/com_advancedopenportal/js/jquery.form.min.js

I’ve checked and access to the file is ok. I did a quick test with opera, ie and safari and all worked fine. Makes me suspect there’s something wrong with my ff installation. I’ll uninstall and do a fresh installation and see if there’s any difference.

I’ll let you know the outcome. Please keep me posted if you get any new information too.

Thanks