The connection to my gmail works, I can also view my gmail sent items using suitecrm email module, but when accessing the inbox I get:
“You currently have no records saved. CREATE or Import one now.” although I have plenty of emails on my inbox.
I’ve tried removing the email settings and recreating it with no luck.
No errors on any log.
Did you set up your CRON correctly as stated in Admin->Scheduler (index.php?module=Schedulers&action=index)?
Also is the scheduled job: CHECK INBOUND MAILBOXES active and running as often as possible?
Could you post the log from this job here?
Okay, after a little of bit of testing, I was able to view the emails by selecting a custom filter. This means something is broken when you remove all filters. So I highly suspect this is related to a fix 7.9.8 -> https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/4701
I did not test this patch, but it looks correct to me because it is setting the bounds between first message and last message which was somehow broken in the earlier referenced commit and affects the same lines.
With that being said, I think the sorting code for my taste is a little too verbose and might need some refactoring. There were too many if/else branches that made my head hurt. Not sure how / where to contribute so I’ll check the docs. Thank you for your feedback.
I see what you mean but on second thoughts I guess the code is fine, it’s just a consequence of varying number of items on screen, and a paged screen, and optional filters. So it’s not really sorting code, it’s more like UI stuff, and since the UI in SuiteCRM is eminently variable and configurable, it sometimes spawns complexity.
Daniel is a good programmer and he’s sensitive to code quality, and he knows that part of SuiteCRM better than anyone, so I trust his judgement.
That said, please do learn how to contribute and start helping out! We can do with more help from the community, especially people who are suspicious of code that looks too “branchy”!