Adding Reports to Target List not working

Hi all,

Iā€™m trying to add a report to a target list but itā€™s not working. Iā€™m using SuiteCRM 7.10.7 which is running on a linux machine and I am using Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit).
Here are the steps Iā€™ve taken:

1. Navigate to the reports module
  2. Click on a report
  3. Click Actions, Add to Target List
  4. The pop up appears
  5. Click a target list
  6. The pop up just disappears (not sure if thatā€™s expected behaviour)
  7. Navigate to Targets - Lists
  8. Click on the target list
  9. Nothing is under targets, contacts, users or accounts

There are definitely entries in the report. [strike]Iā€™ve attached screenshots too[/strike] (I canā€™t add screenshots for some reason).

Iā€™ve looked at the logs in /var/log/apache2/error.log and theres a bunch of lines that say:

Iā€™m not sure if thats related.

The SuiteCRM I am running is a fresh download and install, except with the config.php and config_override.php files copied from a previous 7.10.7 installation

Any ideas?

Thanks!

That log entry is probably not related, but you should be able to tell, from looking at the timestamps. Does it appear when you run the problematic action with the Target List?

Please check also your other log, suitecrm.log.

I finally discovered why it wasnā€™t working. It turns out when you have ā€œGroupā€ checked on a field when making the report it doesnā€™t work. I unchecked group on all fields, added to the target list and the entries finally appeared!

Can you please open an Issue on Github with this description, and the fix you found?

There should be something telling the user why itā€™s not working, I guess.

FWIW, Iā€™ve just experienced the same problem on 7.10.33, Group was enabled in one of the Report fields and the report would not populate the target list.