Adding Plugins to TinyMCE/WYSIWYG field

Hello all,

Been trying to get this working for a bit but seem to have run into a wall. I have gone and added a new field in the Notes module for using a WYSIWYG field for additional formatting. I am happy with the TinyMCE editor that it provides (was also experimenting with converting the default Description field into using the HTML editor), but I would like to add some TinyMCE plugins to the field, specifically the Lists plugin. After viewing the source code, it looks like the lists plugin is already installed in the app, but no matter what I try (adding plugin to SugarTinyMCE.php default plugins, etc.) it does not add it in. I am not sure if I am missing a simple step but I can’t seem to find any reference of it on the forums aside from this post which is referencing the Email Template module which unfortunately does not help in this case.

Currently using SuiteCRM 8.2.1 deployed via Bitnami’s helm chart, have root access to the backend. Even through many Repair and Rebuilds and cache clears for all of the changes, still no results. Perhaps in the future if there is an option to have config settings for TinyMCE available via config file(s) that would help further customize the application.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey you will have to modify/override this file
public/legacy/include/SugarFields/Fields/Wysiwyg/SugarFieldWysiwyg.php

copy this file to
public/legacy/custom/include/SugarFields/Fields/Wysiwyg/SugarFieldWysiwyg.php

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the help, after a Quick Repair and Rebuild this was the solution to my problem! I am now able to see the bullet/number lists in the editor, also added in advlist to improve the functionality.