Adding Fillable Text Field and/or Working Checkbox to PDF Template

Cheers!
I’ve just been tasked with modifying a quote that goes out to our clients, and I apologize in advance as I’m a complete newbie to Suite CRM (the install we have was managed by someone else up until a few days ago).

My goal is to be able to add a working text field and/or a checkbox to our PDF template. The text & the checkbox don’t have to send anything to a db, we simply want clients to either type their names or click on the box in the PDF to confirm they’ve read the document (they’re emailing the PDF back).

I’ve searched the forum as well as some other places online and haven’t found a discussion relating to my situation.

I should add… I tried writing in the markup for both the field and checkbox in the HTML editor, and while it looks great, it’s not interactive once the PDF is rendered… they essentially become static graphic elements.

We’re running Suite CRM version 7.0.2, Sugar v 6.5.16 (Build 1082).

Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated!

AFAIK fillable forms in PDF format are only achievable with Adobe Acorbat Pro https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/how-to/create-fillable-pdf-forms-creator.html

best regards

1 Like

Thanks Mike!
I’m usd to creating PDF forms inside Acrobat, I was just hoping to find a way to generate them through the CRM.

I’d seen third party add ons (specific to Sugar) for adding/tracking electronic signatures (which was more than we needed), so I assumed that generated PDFs might be able to export with some type of interactivity.

I appreciate the feedback.

you can check this Extension https://store.suitecrm.com/addons/webtomodule

best regards

Thanks again, Mike… unfortunately the linked module only seems to apply to webpage-based forms. In our case, we’re hoping to implement a basic form field or checkbox inside the PDF that gets mailed out (no database interaction).

Basically, the goal is for our sales team here to generate the pdf, send it to clients, the client can acknowledge the’ve recieved via a text box or clicking a box/radio button in the document, then email it back.

Did you ever find a solution for this? I’d like to be able to do the same thing.

Unfortunately not, Maggie.

We too would like this feature.

@Nealio Did you ever find a solution for this?
We would like to use this feature.

Please open a new thread @San07