Adding Custom Button to ListView of Module

I have created a custom module and want to add a Button that calls a backend function. So far I have only found guides on how to add buttons to detailviewdefs like this one but none of them show on how to add a button in the Listview in v8.

I circled the position in the screenshot where I want the button (it should generate PDFs). Is this even called Listview?
Any help or further links would be appreciated :smiley:

Yes, I think thatā€™s a List view.

I donā€™t know the answer, butā€¦
Can you find any example in core modules where such an extra button exists?

I am reworking an old module where such a button exists so there is definitely a way havent looked that deep into the core modules, but I am also not able to find where the New Buttons is defined (I could just change that one).

On Contacts module, I see a button on the list view saying "Import Contact from vCard".

Searching the code for that string, I see itā€™s label LNK_IMPORT_VCARD.

Searching the code for that, I see itā€™s used in public/legacy/modules/Contacts/Menu.php, and the option is created my adding an entry to a $module_menu array.

That seems to be loaded in public/legacy/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php, function getMenu.

Iā€™m pretty sure that changing this will solve your problem in legacy modules, I am not so sure if that same scheme is used in v8 modules, but I think it is. Didnā€™t try it, though.

Tell me how it goes :slight_smile:

Thereā€™s actually documentation for this!

1 Like

Thx for sharing as I noticed they are also using the LegacyHandler Function to access Beans. So now there is documentation on that yay

1 Like

Hi sorry i know this is a slightly old thread now but wondering if someone could help me with this? I have managed to get the button into the menu dropdown as per the documentation but i still cannot figure out how to get the button as per the original post screenshot?

I can find all sorts of screenshots and videos with seaid buttons in but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it

any help would be much appreciated

I think that screenshot was from v7, just saying ā€œthis is where I would want itā€.

Thereā€™s an option in Admin / System settings to show all the buttons on the top, instead of inside a dropdown. I always set that for everyone in the organization, saves a ton of clicks. Maybe that will make your button visible enough.

that is a v8 screenshot the NEW button should be there by default it is used to create a new record. If you followed the guide linked in this thread the button should work and call your processhandler

Iā€™m using the latest version and have followed the guide but there is no button, it only appears in the module menu drop-down

Iā€™ve attached a screenshot from my phone as Iā€™m not by my pc but the result is the same