Adding a field/line to Grouped Addresses

SuiteCRM 8.1.3 on MAMP with PHP7.4.21

OK, so having resolved the postalcode move to after city in ‘Grouped Addresses’ , the next step I’d like to achieve is adding a ‘Suburb’ field/line between street and city for all grouped addresses, because that’s what we use down here in this part of the world.

So I thought I’d start with just the billing address in the Accounts Module. I followed much of Add district into address by cloudcon.
Also added in ‘suburb’ in the grouped_fields_type_map.yaml. Did all the usual Admin → Repair → Quick Repair and Rebuilds. Made sure the cache was deleted.

Result:
I have the the extra field in the database, I can show it in listview of Accounts, but (after a full day of tinkering) I cannot get it to show in the Billings grouped address on Accounts. Not in Detail View or Edit View.

I do wonder if it’s got something to do with the field names etc, but I’m a bit lost here.

Has anyone successfully achieved this? I would really appreciate any help here please.

Regards
Terry

I would suggest as of now create a field by extending the vardefs to match address group field. Here is how I achieved it.

1. Create field by extending vardefs for accounts module
    custom/Extension/modules/Accounts/Ext/Vardefs/anyname.php
$dictionary['Account']['fields']['billing_address_sub'] = array(
            'name' => 'billing_address_sub',
            'vname' => 'LBL_BILLING_ADDRESS_SUB',
            'type' => 'varchar',
            'len' => '100',
            'group' => 'billing_address',
            'merge_filter' => 'enabled',
);
  1. Change as per image at config/services/record/fields/grouped_fields_type_map.yaml

Do quick repair & rebuild and here you go.

Thank you again urdhvatech,

What I was missing was ‘group’ => ‘billing_address’, in the vardef.php.

Thanks for for all your help.

Terry

I have summarized it and created a blog. this may helps other as well.

1 Like