Adding a field for duplicate checking

When I import a file it gives me the ability to duplicate check it on import. However it only allows me to dup check the First Name,Last Name and Full Name fields

I tried going into the Studio, editing the field and marking the “Duplicate Merge” field YES. But it still did not appear on import. Is there another place I need to enable this?

If it matters I am trying to accomplish this with the TARGETS module

So I found an article that suggested doing the following

I created a file called ./custom/modules/Prospects/Ext/Vardefs/custom_import_index.php

And in it I put the following.

<?php $dictionary['Prospect']['indices'][] = array( 'name' => 'idx_primary_address_street', 'type' => 'index', 'fields' => array( 0 => 'primary_address_street', ), 'source' => 'non-db', ); I then ran the Quick Repair However nothing changed. I also tried making the field primary_address_street an index on the DB side, but still it was not an option to dup-check. Any suggestions?

Hello Cade
Did you get this to work? I have tried you code but it’s not working for me either. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. I want to add a field in duplicate checking. Anyone please help.

bump
any way to add custom fields to the duplicate import check fields?

I also can’t seem to figure out how to add Fields to the duplicate check. There are no entries in the list

. I went into Studio and enabled Duplicate Merge for several fields but they still don’t appear.

did you get this resolved yet? am having issues with it…