So I’ve got a situation where a client has “media contacts” that are a custom module and separate from leads and contacts. The idea is these are newspaper/blog contacts, etc that will be notified of new products, etc.
They’d like to use campaigns to send newsletters. However, when I create campaigns to a target list comprised of contacts from a custom module it says in wizard “You cannot send a marketing email until your subscription list has at least one entry. You can populate your list after finishing.”
I’ve created a many to many relationship between “media contacts” and “target lists” so adding them to a target list is no problem.
It just keeps telling me there are no targets on the list.
I’m guessing I have to add some code to add “media contacts” to “targets”
Anyone ever done this and can point me in the right direction. I’ve Googled but not a lot of relevant stuff.
I do see this in the error log (event though I’ve created the relationship)
I guess I’m stuck, everything seems to work like it supposed to for a custom module in terms of target lists and campaigns, except that it doesn’t find any targets on the list (even though there are contacts from a custom module). Is this a bug, or something that required custom coding?
Thought I’d give this one a bump. I have the occasion to do this every once in a while and have never been able to find a solution to make a custom module (persons) be able to work with Campaigns. I can make a relationship between target lists and the custom module, I can add custom module people to th target list. I can add the target list to the campaign. However, the campaign reports no targets in list???
Am I missing a relationship somewhere, or do I have to somewhere designate my custom module of people as targets?
Ok tried adding the require once to to the custom module, didn’t crash it , but didn’t work either. The other thing I noticed is the custom module for “people” doesn’t seem to support the concept of “manage subscriptions” that contacts, leads and targets do. Hmm, everything else seems to integrate seamlessly except for the Campaign Target lists.
Hey @pgr, yes I added the implements… and looked for anything else in the leads/contacts/targets that seemed relevant, I tried adding the $campaigns too, but still nothing. I just can’t figure out where or how the campaign module is calculating zero targets either. I tried to hunt that down to see if it would give me a clue.
I was never able to solve this one. I’ve been trying to solve this for like 4 years. I’ve tried a whole bunch of stuff along with the suggestions above but just can’t seem to get the campaigns module to work with a custom module of contacts.
Thanks @pgr for chiming in… I can get the custom module contacts to be added to a target list, no problem. I can add that target list to the campaign, no problem. The problem is that the “campaign” doesn’t see the targets. It counts “0” targets in list and then when you try to send you get an error that there are no targets found in target lists.
Cool. Remember that here we’re only battling the warning message when the count fails; but if we solve this one, we will probably hit a bump further ahead - getting the custom “prospects” added to the queue.
So I think we should look for a solution to make things work everywhere - something like tweaking the freelancers relationship to use the prospect_lists_prospects table too.