Activities Panel. Calls. Set Due Date as Call date_start

Running Suite CRM 7.13. Accounts > Selecting an account > Activities panel > have created a Call having Start Date. Though in the List View the Due Date field is blank? Was expecting to see the Start Date in that position. If I edit the same Call then do see a valid Start Date.

Tried revising the modules\Calls\metadata\subpanels\ForActivities.php to set the date_start to vname=> LBL_LIST_DUE_DATE. This did not help.

'date_start' => [
        'vname' => 'LBL_LIST_DUE_DATE',
        'width' => '10%',
        'alias' => 'date_start',
        'sort_by' => 'date_start',
    ],

Any ideas how to get the Call Start Date to show in the Activities sub-panel under the Due Date column? Thanks.

Also, tried below. No luck.

'date_start' => [
        'vname' => 'LBL_LIST_DUE_DATE',
        'width' => '10%',
        'alias' => 'date_due',
        'sort_by' => 'date_due',
    ],

Did the list view correctly in the past - if Yes: how many days since it failed?

Is this SuiteCRM in production use - or one only fired up recently?

can you share a screenshot?

Please see prior comment. Just started using Suite CRM 7.13. Earlier on a different server/different database did have the older Sugar CRM 5.x and it showed correctly in Sugar CRM. Thanks.

Maybe I need to add the 2 columns in separately rather than attempting to merge the output into the virtual field LBL_LIST_DUE_DATE . Like two individual fields for Date Start (Calls/Meetings) and Due Date (Tasks).

Which PHP files will I need to revise if I want to add these as separate fields Date Start and Due Date? If someone can give me some direction github links which files these would be that would be helpful. Thanks!

I believe this particular issue has been the subject of countless posts and PR’s in the past years.

I even suspect that there’s been a back-and-forth where one fix also breaks something else, and then that gets fixed and the original problem comes back.

That column is, as you say, a mix between different fields of different record types, I guess that’s why everybody gets confused. Some people want to see a task end date, others a meeting start, or a due date of something else… a proper fix would need to look carefully at all involved modules.

Thanks for the input. I will search to see if anyone had interim success. Long term Agree :slight_smile: . My vote is to separate them out to different fields.

1 Like

For others looking. Here is a workaround that uses the date_start. You update all 3 ForActivities.php (Calls, Tasks, Meetings). Then the Due Date column will show the Start Date. This solution appears best compared to trying to get the due-date as combination of start date (call, meeting) and due-date (task).

‘date_start’ => [
‘vname’ => ‘LBL_LIST_DUE_DATE’,
‘width’ => ‘10%’,
‘alias’ => ‘date_start’,
‘sort_by’ => ‘date_start’,

@anupmistry That is helpful - does it fix the long-standing problems in Actvities sub-panel -which are still happening in the latest V7 demo that salesAgility host

A) The Due_date column header - clicking it does NOT change the sort order. Nothing changes.

B) For Meetings -the column shows ‘End date’ not ‘start date’