Activities - action menu is not viewable by non-admin user

Hi. I ran into an issue where a regular user cannot see the “Activities Panel” action menu. The drop-down can be seen but the menu text do not appear. This does not happen using an administrator account.

Anyone familiar with this? Thanks.

Do you have any customizations on that part of the UI?

Any errors in the logs when that screen displays, or during a QR&R?

Check User Permissions:

• Access Control Levels (ACLs): Verify that regular users have the necessary read permissions for the fields displayed in the “Activities Panel” menu. You can review and adjust ACL settings in the Admin > Studio > Security Settings > Access Control Levels section.
  • Role Permissions: Ensure that the roles assigned to your regular users have the appropriate permissions to view the details in the Activities Panel. You can manage role permissions under Admin > Users > Roles > Select a Role > Edit.

Thanks. I could not find ACL settings in the Admin > Studio > Security Settings > Access Control Levels section. I’m still using an older version, 8.3

No customizations on the UI. Will check the logs you mentioned.

To address the issue of the regular user not being able to see the Activities Panel action menu in SuiteCRM, it’s essential to first verify that their role has the appropriate permissions assigned. Access the Admin section to review and adjust role permissions as needed. Additionally, inspect the browser console for any JavaScript errors that might be impacting the display. Finally, clear SuiteCRM’s cache through the Admin panel under Repair to ensure any potential caching issues are resolved, potentially restoring visibility to the menu for the affected user.

Best Regard
Danish Hafeez

Hi @danishhafeez , welcome to the Community! :tada:

And thanks for your reply providing help.

I edited your reply to remove the signature with a link to your company, as per the Forum rules. You can have a signature (including with links) in your profile, which appears when people click your username, but not in the posts’ text.

Hello, If you are using SuiteCRM version 8.3 and cannot find the ACL settings in the Admin. please check Role Permissions.