Accounts - Sorting / Pagination Not Working

For the purpose of this forum thread, my global settings are;

broken pagination by simply sorting by ‘user’

and working again after clearing the filter;

I guess our categories are different because this problem happens to me in Email module List View, not Accounts. In Accounts module everything works well. Could it be that way?

New issue submitted - https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/6298.

Please let me know if I’ve missed any important bits of info.

This is happening for me on all list views, for which I have more than one page of data.

After futher testing, this is the behaviour as I am seeing it;
If the “User” column is visible by default in the list view, pagination works and only breaks upon hiding it.
If the “User” column is hidden by default in the list view, pagination works and only breaks upon displaying it.

The “User” column applies to any user type column “Assigned To” / “Modified By” etc

Is that the same for you @3boptic?

2 Likes

Hi Simong, thank’s!

That’s right! This is exactly what happens to me. In all List Views I’ve tested it stops working when I hide “User” column. Even if I show it back again, I’ll get stuck in the next page I go to (generally page 2). The only “solution” or workaround is cleaning the filter. But then the columns you’ve hide come back to appear (that’s a problem in case you don’t want them to appear, like in my case in Emails module).

I’ve tested the modules Contacts, Accounts, Quotes, Calls and Tasks.

Regards

Sorry, I forgot to mention. I have applied this fix: https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/6220

Hi guys! Big news: I’m testing v7.10.8 and it seems to be solved. I’ve performed an upgrade on a test environment from 7.10.7. The results up to now are the following:

• In Emails module, the “user” column (Assigned to) is visible and the Indicator column is hidden, i.e., this config is not default. I can navigate through the pages but sometimes, it seems randomly, it takes me back to page 1 with a different sort order (it changes from date created descending to date created ascending). It’s weird but we can live with that.

• In other modules (Contacts, Tasks, Calls), the user column is hidden (different from default) and I can navigate through the pages properly. The last page I go to will be saved for the next time I enter this module (which seems confusing for me. I wish there was a way to change this behavior)

I’ll keep testing but the results seems to be good. The only bad news (for each upgrade there’s also, at least, one downgrade) is that the importing emails feature is broken when “Import emails automatically” is activated for a group inbound account.