Accounts import fails if e-mail address has errors

We have a list of thousands of prospects to import. An important field in the account information is the e-mail address, but the import fails and display error for all accounts that have either an error in the e.mail address e.g name@domain. (her the .com is missing as an excample). also the import list can display just a “-” or any other character or sign, if so the import fails and the account will not be imported! On the other hand if the e-mail address field(cell) in the import list has no information and totaly blanc, the import is successful.

so, even if our account list for import (excel CSV) has some error in the e-mail cell/field we ned to have the account imported.

This is critical for us and wwe have not yet been able to import our 20.000 prospects due to this issue.

I apreciate your help on this.

SECONDLY: When importing the any list duplicates are made no matter selection of “Create new records only” or " create new records and update existing records"
(Should this issue be a separate Topic maybe?)

Please disregard the last section, no longer an issue: SECONDLY: When importing the any list duplicates are made no matter selection of “Create new records only” or " create new records and update existing records"
(Should this issue be a separate Topic maybe?)

Hi Egil,

The only good answer is the obvious one. You will have to clean up the data to be imported.

If I were doing such a thing, I would dig up some email address validation regex, use a php script to read the csv file, writing two new files. A clean import file containing only the records with valid email addresses that you can immediately import into SuiteCRM and a rejects file containing the original data. You could then examine the reject file in (say) Excel and clean up the rest manually. You could then import the cleaned up rejects file.

Good Luck B)

Bruce

Thank you Bruce,
This is as you say the abvious choice and was my plan B.
Thank you again