Accented characters not displayed correctly

Hi all,

I’ve just done a new installation of suiteCRM 8.6 and I’m having a problem displaying certain special characters. Some french accented characters are displayed badly
Most are displayed correctly. The database encoding is correct, everything is in utf-8. It seems to be only a display problem.

Version 8.6.0

Any idea ?

Thank you.

“An error occurred: Sorry, new users can only put one embedded media item in a post.”
So practical!

This post was hidden due to flags from the community, so please consider how you might revise your post to reflect their feedback.

I couldn’t attach a screenshot and 3 days after posting, it tells me that my message has been flagged as spam.
I had to remove the links to the screenshots.
What a horrible anti-spam system !

Which french language pack (france, swiss, canada, etc)?
What’s your PHP version?
Which PHP modules are installed?
What’s your database and version?
What’s your OS and version?
Did you Self Install or run the Bitnami container?
Which login username did you install as?
Which username is your Suite app running under?

• French/France, this one -https ://crowdin.com/project/suitecrmtranslations/fr
  • PHP Version 8.2.18

• I installed all the PHP modules required during the installation procedure.
  • Server version: 10.11.6-MariaDB-0+deb12u1 - Debian 12 / collation utf8mb3_general_ci
  • I installed it myself on a standard DEBIAN 12 Apache/MariaDB server, no virtualisation
  • I created an “Admingt” administrator during installation
  • At the moment, we have two admin users (we’re testing), “Admingt” and “BenjaBM”. Same display problem for both.

In phpmyadmin, the same text (broken in suiteCRM) is displayed correctly.
As you can see from the screenshots, the vast majority of accented text is displayed correctly.

I’m used to installing this type of script but I’m a bit lost, I’m new to SuiteCRM and I don’t know where to look.

Thank you for taking an interest in my problem :slight_smile:

Edit:
my message has been flagged as spam.
I had to remove the links to the screenshots.
What a horrible anti-spam system !

Can you reproduce your issue on the online demo? user will pass will
If it does reproduce, what’s the step by step to get exactly what you have on screen in your original post?

Hi,

It’s the same on the demo

I didn’t do anything special, I just created a note (or a phone call) with French text like “L’été est arrivé et Noël est quand même passé” and when I go to the account for which I created the note, it looks like this in the timeline :

L'été est arrivé et Noël est quand même passé

So it’s not related to my environment, it reassures me even though it doesn’t give me a solution.

:slightly_smiling_face:

As it reproduces on the demo, it looks like a bug. Would you make a New Issue on github with all these details from your post here?

Ok, done.