7.10.11 / .12 functionality issues

Hello,

I started with a 7.10.9 install, upgraded to .11 and finally to .12LTS just today. Itā€™s running on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I have a large CSV file of initial leads that Iā€™ve imported and are working almost exclusively with them at this point. During some testing, I have converted a few to accounts and contacts just to see if that made a difference in the issues I was having. Most revolve around the mapping module. Yesā€¦I have an API key and can get a map to load and show me information.

I have had multiple issues with functionality not working and have been doing searches both here and at Github looking for solutions.

They include:

***Geocoding cron job. - Finally got it working, shows up in syslog and in the scheduler as ā€œsuccessfulā€ but when I watch the API counter on Google, itā€™s not incrementing. So while the job kicks off and says itā€™s successfulā€¦nothing is happening. The only way to get this to geocode is to go into the Admin/Geocoding section and select either geocode addresses or better yet, in the Geocoded counts sectionā€¦click leads and wait. It will force a job to start and Iā€™ll start seeing traffic. Nowā€¦this is a REALLY slow way to accomplish this task. I am seeing no errors in the webserver logs, suitecrm error logs or syslog regarding the cron job failing.

*** Targeted Lists - Once I finally got some results and was able to get a Quick Radius map to load with some resultsā€¦trying to send that result list to a targeted list ends with a ā€œprocessingā€¦ā€ label just running endlessly. Even with just one result, (so taking impatience out of the equation), it never completes. And, if you go check the targeted listā€¦itā€™s empty. So itā€™s not like it ran and completed successfully.

***Changed Link In a Quick Radius mapā€¦if I click on the pin in the graphicā€¦a rectangular box pops up with details on the lead (name, addressā€¦etc) and a link to open a Google map view of the location. That link results in an error message saying the address is not found on the server. The hyperlink before clicking shows http://maps.googleapis.com/maps?q=blahblahblah address info. if I manually change the address in the failed window to http://maps.google.com/maps?=blahblahblahā€¦it works. So, it seems Google changed their links and we need to find that part of the code and make that changeā€¦but I couldnā€™t find it.

So, these are the initial items that are causing me headachesā€¦I didnā€™t want to open a githib issue on these until I had some guidance from the forums. Iā€™ve done quite a bit of surfing looking for answers and while Iā€™ve found some things to tryā€¦nothing has worked as of yet for these.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tony

Please check both your logs for any relevant messages at the time of the malfunctions.

Now, I donā€™t know much about the Google Maps module, so itā€™s not easy for me to help, but I will tryā€¦

It seems the difference between those two URLā€™s is the variation in Google Maps API from version 2 to version 3.

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/v2tov3

But I donā€™t know which one SuiteCRM is using, and perhaps you can also change setting on your Google account side to make it fit the URLā€™s SuiteCRM is sending.

Tell me what you discover.

Thanks, I did check the logs and there was nothing of noteā€¦a couple PHP notices that variables declared were not being used, etc for any of these three issues.

There is definitely a change in the code (thanks Google), but Iā€™ll be damned if I can find where to fix it. Iā€™m a developer in the sense I understand basic functions and can code small thingsā€¦this is WAY over my skill level at this point. If Iā€™m pointed in the right directionā€¦I can execute any updates/changesā€¦but as far as debugging myselfā€¦thatā€™s out of my wheelhouse.

I will investigate changing the Google side of it and see what that does for meā€¦thanks!

So right now, the targeted list functionality on the Quick Radius View is the biggest hurdle Iā€™m facingā€¦I canā€™t get it to work. Also, I am unable to find the module view to be able to change the information displayed. Iā€™m running it against the Leads module, and it gives me name, address, phone, group, assigned toā€¦but Iā€™d also like to add Account name to that detailsview. But I canā€™t find where itā€™s being generated from and how to edit it to include the account.

Any ideasā€¦anyone?

Sorry, where is this exactly? In Leads detail view? Is it a subpanel there? I can try helping you find the files to edit, if I understand where it is.

Maybe a screenshot would help, you can paste it here:

https://pasteboard.co

Thanksā€¦so hereā€™s what Iā€™m doingā€¦

Entering in a city where I have leads and selecting 100 mile radius and plotting them.

The Details View table thatā€™s listed below includes their name, address, phone, etc. What Iā€™d like to do is add the column Account Name that was part of the import info into that detailsview table. So while their technically a lead at this point (not a SuiteCRM Account), they have an account name which is their company name.

In addition, the add to targets list is not working. It shows processing, and never completes. I opened the developer console in Internet Explorer (F12) and found this error message: "Unable to get property ā€˜messageā€™ of undefined or null reference.

In my original post, I outlined three issues. This most recent post deals with just the second point.

Probably best to address these one at a time, and this particular point is probably the most painful for meā€¦so a good one to deal with first

Anyone?

Wellā€¦as an update to the Targeted List issue (reference first post), this latest update (7.10.14) has fixed this issue.

1 Like