500 error and timing out on import and mass update

When I try to either import records or do a mass update, I get a 500 error that states the following:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, […] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

– This only happens when it is trying to process more than 250-350 records. I can successfully import up to about 250 records or mass update to about the same with no problems

Research support forums here and on sugarcrm seem to point to a permissions issue.
My ISP (dreamhost) keeps suggesting that a 500 error is a memory/RAM issue

I am running this on their VPS and set the RAM high for both the VPS and their MySQL VPS to no avail.

I have upped values in my php as follows
max_input_time 259200
max_input_vars 1000
memory_limit 300M
post_max_size 200M
upload_max_filesize 200M

other information
PHP Version 5.3.27 FastCGI (tried just CGI but that did not change anything)
VPS RAM set to 3,380 MB RAM
MySQL VPS RAM set to 2,300 MB RAM

None of this prevents this issue.

The log does not show anything of interest (just the typical deprecated errors and those numerous warnings about missing image files).

Does anyone have any suggestions?
While my ISP is adamant this is not a permissions issue, does anyone here believe that in fact it may?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Have you tried upping your ‘default_limit’ value in the config.php of the SuiteCRM directory to something like 10000? Will most likely currently be around 1000.

Also, have you checked your sugarcrm.log file?

Thanks,

Will.

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it did not do the trick.

Open to any others, though! Much appreciated -

I would suggest contacting your host, as this seems to be a server configuration issue.

Thanks,

Will.

I have the same Problem since update from 6.5 to 7.2.
Currently it is not possible to import or update more than 500 records.

Memorylimit on Server is 256M

thx,
Heimo

I have the same problem, except I’m exporting.

Getting this error:
02/19/18 11:22:27 [1728][1][FATAL] Caught error: stat(): stat failed for upload/import/status_1.csv
02/19/18 11:22:27 [1728][1][FATAL] Caught error: touch(): UploadStream::stream_metadata is not implemented!

I’ve updated the various values above, including:
‘import_max_execution_time’ => 3600,
‘import_max_records_per_file’ => 60000

I get the ‘currently unable to handle this request - HTTP ERROR 500’ after about 10 seconds.

I can export 13,000 contacts - but much more than that and it fails.

SuiteCRM 7.9.11
Windows 2012 r2
Apache 2.4.26
PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.36

Sort of unrelated, but the reason I need to do a big export then import is that I have a list of bounced email addresses I need to remove. Best option I’ve found: Export leads - match and remove email addresses in excel - then re-import.

FYI: I was able to get around this by creating a report and exporting from there. 50k records took about 5 mins with no problems. Since I only re-imported the bounces (2k) I didn’t run into the timeout problem.