413 Request Entity Too Large

Hi,

I have SuiteCRM installed in a shared hosting environment. I was able to upgrade it from version 7.10 to 7.13, all was fine.

I attempt now to update it from version 7.13 to 8.2.
PHP Version is 7.4 (I also tried with 8.0), post_max_size is 256M and upload_max_filesize is 256M. Size of the upgrade package is less than 140M as I saw.
However, when I select the upgrade package and then click upload I get the error " 413 Request Entity Too Large".

Any ideas of why? Is there any workaround, any chance to upload the package manually via FTP?

Thanks and Regards,
Manolis

Is your shared hosting provider having its own rules in regards to filesizes? I’ve seen strange restrictions the cheaper the hosting package gets.

Also check if those values are your effective values. You can see this in Admin/Diagnostics/phpinfo

Thanks for your answer. Initially the setting was 128M for both post_max_size and upload_max_filesize. I cannot change these settings with php.ini / .user.ini.
I contacted my hosting provider, they increased this setting temporary to 256M. Until now this setting stays, I am not sure when it will go back to 128M. According to the phpinfo(), 256M applies. The guy from the support didn’t know whether other restrictions apply.

If there were a way to manually upload this upgrade package via ftp and get over with it, I would be very happy.