Workflows stopped working 7.11

If you add just the “}” you get rid of the fatal error, and the code runs. But it does some random things. That function is all messed up, it was a copy-paste error. so it might seem to be working but then will betray you somewhere else, I don’t know.

If you use the proper fix, which should be in 7.11.2, then it gets fixed.

Since there are several people in this thread, let me try to understand: are we all talking about this error specifically?

[FATAL] *** FOLDERS: addBean() is trying to save to a non-saved or non-existent folder

Or are some of you here just because you have other problems with Workflows?

My main issue is with workflows stuck in “running” and not sending email notifications and we are using 7.11.2

This error appears in the php logs

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting function (T_FUNCTION) in /var/www/crm/modules/AOW_Actions/actions/templateParser.php on line 73

We have now just added the } and emails are now being sent… but the workflow process is still saying each job is “running” and not “completed”

we also have the addbean issue which we are working on

Does your templateParser.php file look like the left-hand side, or the right-hand side of this?

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/commit/55a18128d585908b87c006e0098b78fff98a7a5f#diff-2567d42cb674f486f76d628bb9405eba

I’m trying to see if you have the correct fixed version…

Left side

I think if you are on 7.11.2, you should have the right-hand side.

Please check if you have any message about this file during the upgrade, in upgradeWizard.log

Thanks

the only message we have is

[UpgradeWizard] - Backing up file: /var/www/crm/modules/AOW_Actions/actions/templateParser.php

We have just swapped the file over the the right hand side and workflow notifications have stopped again

Ok, but what else can you get now in your troubleshooting? Is there a different error in the logs?

Hi,

I also have a problem in workflow email. All other email works well.

SugarPHPMailer encountered an error: SMTP Error: data not accepted.
Notifications: error sending e-mail (method: smtp), (error: SMTP Error: data not accepted.SMTP server error: DATA END command failed Detail: Relaying disallowed as nilr@website.com

The main thing here is that sometimes the emails get sent but when workflow status gets stuck on running then email also stops sending.

I have tried all the solutions that all of you have discussed on this thread but nothing worked.

My SuiteCRM version is 7.11.2

Thanks

Now, I’m getting this too.

\nWarning [2]: copy(upload//2a30e161-06f0-d1b6-6f7c-5c8a3f9ad30c_photo): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/mwe/modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/templateParser.php on line 93\nUnexpected failure, please check PHP logs and suitecrm.log\n',`target`='function::processAOW_Workflow',`data`=NULL,`requeue`=0,`retry_count`=NULL,`failure_count`=1,`job_delay`=0,`client`='CRONe869e07327de74ce6029bf921d8e38e4:6129',`percent_complete`=NULL
					 WHERE  job_queue.id = '8f039305-05c1-b440-b14e-5c8a4a75ba4b' AND deleted=0: MySQL error 1406: Data too long for column 'message' at row 1

Thanks

That last error, I know what it is. The job_queue table stores the logs from the job in the database. Sometimes the errors are so many that it exceeds field size. It does NOT fail gracefully, it hangs the process :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry, I meant the job_queue table. I edited my post above.

I made an issue for this sometime ago:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/6931

Thanks for the information.

Actually, any solution is not working!

I am afraid that most of the clients will migrate to other CRM software just because of the Emails and workflow issues. :frowning:

Please feel free to put your suggestions.

Well, the job has too many PHP errors, so it hangs. The issue on Github is to fix the fact that it hangs, but it won’t remove the initial cause for your errors.

If you look into that field on the database, you can try examining the errors and determine if there’s any clue there to fix the initial cause.

I’ve also noticed a similar issue. Workflow emails are not being sent after 7.11 upgrade. They were working fine before I upgraded. This has taught me not to upgrade SuiteCRM again. Too many bugs are introduced and it’s difficult to debug in a production system.

Workflows seem to be working after upgrade to 7.11.3. Email was sent yesterday which told me it’s working but I do need to test further.

Thanks for the information.

I have upgraded to the latest version 7.11.3 and also cleared job_queue table. but still same error.

Thanks

I have this error.

Fri Apr  5 06:52:13 2019 [13590][1][FATAL] Mysqli_query failed.
Fri Apr  5 06:52:13 2019 [13590][1][FATAL] Error updating table: job_queue: Query Failed: UPDATE job_queue
					SET `assigned_user_id`='1',`name`='Process Workflow Tasks',`date_modified`='2019-04-05 06:50:02',`scheduler_id`='147a7c97-d14e-81c0-b4b2-5ca6fa9a59de',`execute_time`='2019-04-05 06:49:00',`status`='done',`resolution`='success',`message`='Warning [2]: copy(upload//4755832b-9b04-edc6-1896-5c910d7c67d3_photo): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/mwe/modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/templateParser.php on line 108\nWarning [2]: copy(upload//3aaf7f60-9b8a-823e-de66-5b7d4e2ac609_photo): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/mwe/modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/templateParser.php on line 108\nWarning [2]: copy(upload//_photo): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/mwe/modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/templateParser.php on line 108\nWarning [2]: copy(upload//4755832b-9b04-edc6-1896-5c910d7c67d3_photo): failed to open stream: [b] too long error.......................[/b]
WHERE  job_queue.id = '27769e1d-200a-e6f6-d7db-5ca6fad7bace' AND deleted=0: MySQL error 1406: Data too long for column 'message' at row 1

I thought it can be useful.

Thanks

Can you make something from those warnings? Do you have those files in upload folder, and are they readable? Do you know why your workflow is trying to read them?