Workflows stopped working 7.11

Hi our workflows have stopped working… I ahve a couple of tasks which appear to be stuck on running. When looking in the log file I see the error saying that cron.php is running.

Any advice?

Would these be Workflows that send emails? I have seen an issue with that yesterday, it seems there might be a new bug there.

I found the bug however cannot remember what file it is in. there is a missing bracket causing this issue. Once I have got free time I will try and dig out the change I made.

This file was the culprit (i think):
https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/modules/AOW_Actions/actions/templateParser.php its missing an “}” at the end of the file.

That’s a great find!

Actually it’s not just a matter of adding a }.

The whole file seems to be broken during a big merge we made with coding standards improvements. :dry:

There will be a PR shortly to fix this. Thanks for reporting.

It seemed to fix it for me (i think)… Thanks for letting me know.

We had the same issue and implemented the “}” fix. Workflow is now working again but when looking at the process audit the entries still say “Running”

There is no “{” fix, that’s a myth. :slight_smile:

There is a proper fix on Github, and it is part of 7.11.2.

Thanks for that, i didnt realise 7.11.2 has been released.

So i have applied the update, but Workflows are broken again :frowning:

Ok, so let’s troubleshoot and fix, if necessary. What exactly doesn’t work, and how does it look in your logs?

Thanks

So i have workflows to send emails when Opps are created or the status changes. Before 7.11 these worked. Upgraded to 7.11 and these stopped. Applied the myticial “}” fix and emails started flowing again. Upgraded to 7.11.2 and they have stopped.

Since 7.11 the process audit shows that each one is in a running state and prior to 7.11 they would go to Completed once the email is sent

I’m seeing a very large number of these errors

[FATAL] *** FOLDERS: addBean() is trying to save to a non-saved or non-existent folder

I just tried (on 7.11.2) a Workflow to send an email when an Opportunity changes Stage, and it worked normally. Anything particular about your set-up that I should try and emulate?

Do you have anything else in your logs (please make sure you’re looking at both)?

Is there anything in particular i need to be looking of in the logs? I have set them to debug

Just look for FATALs, then for ERRORs, then for WARNINGs, then for the rest. Pay attention to timestamps and see what-happens-when (in relation to what you’re doing in the UI).

But we’re at a point where we don’t know what we’re looking for, we just need clues to take us in the right direction…

Sorry for the delay in replying been a bit manic this week

this is what i have found in suitecrm.logs

[ERROR] Pop error level. Try to remove the error_reporting() function from your code.

[WARN] Saving error level. Try to remove the error_reporting() function from your code.
[WARN] Undefined data index ID for list view data.
[WARN] Trying to get an empty email address.
[WARN] Confirm Opt in is disabled in email settings
][WARN] CSS File Day/yui.css not found
[WARN] Undefined index: server_unique_key
[WARN] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone UTC. Please set date.timezone=“UTC” in php.ini!
][WARN] List view smarty data must be an array, undefined data given and converting to an empty array.

[FATAL] *** FOLDERS: addBean() is trying to save to a non-saved or non-existent folder

Will have the other logs shortly

Start by setting your date.timezone in php.ini (both Apache and CLI)

Then you can follow this issue, about the addBean error: https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/6994

And your php_errors.log will likely have more relevant info about the suspended workflow processes.

Thank you

Could this be the issue?
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting function (T_FUNCTION) in /var/www/crm/modules/AOW_Actions/actions/templateParser.php on line 73

As i said in my second comment their is a missing bracket which fixed the workflows for me after clearing the jobs which it was stuck on.

"

This file was the culprit (i think):
github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/ma...s/templateParser.php its missing an “}” at the end of the file.

"

This worked for me and someone else however PGR has stated this doesnt work. So do this at your own risk.

1 Like

Yes that has worked. Its strange as i thought this issue had been fixed in 7.11.2