Hey guys, my name is Oscar, new here.
First of all, I thank the Suite CRM community for providing such an amazing tool. I’m going nuts with all its possibilities! I am remodeling my company’s processes based on everything it can do.
Now, about this issue on workflows not running on imported records, did anyone find a solution?
@pgr I’ve seen you writing that indeed, it doesn’t, but that was way back. Is that still true today? I’ve seen Sugar CRM documentation and it states clearly that Imports DO trigger workflows.
I have a simple workflow where I import new “Contacts” and I want it to create automatic registers of “Subscriptions”, a custom module, with fields filled in with mirror-fields in the “Contact” register.
- Importing Contacts: Works as a charm, all fields filled in and Contact created
- Workflow: Set to always run on all records DOES NOT run, therefore Subcription is not created
- I Manually modify a random field from Contact: workflow triggers, subscription is created and properly related to the Contact
I’ve tried all combinations of Workflow “Run” and “Run on” parameters
What I have managed to troubleshoot is:
- Workflow condition is working fine: workflow triggers when I edit random fields
- Contact and Subscription entities are properly related when the workflow triggers after modifying a field
It all seems to be a problem with Suite CRM not recognizing the need to treat a Contact created by an Import Wizard as any other contact.
Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks!
Below the screenshot of my Workflow