Where are the HTML fields kept?

I have a custom module. In the custom module, I have an HTML field. When I look in the database under custom.cstm, I do not see the HTML field I created.

Where in the database is the HTML field information being stored?

Isn’t it in the main table with the module data? I mean, it’s a regular field in a custom module, not a custom field in a custom module - it wouldn’t be stored in a table with the name _cstm.

Field is called ‘billing_primary_contact_c’
The module is ‘ldz_leadz’
The fields in the ‘ldz_leadz’ table are as show in the images below - Tables ldz_leadz & ldz_leadz_cstm

I am clearly missing something.

Table Fields 1

Funny…

Are you sure it deployed well? If you run a QR&R, do you get a query to execute at the end?

I have 3 html fields in the module. They all are working. I have multiple records all using the 3 html fields.

PhpMyAdmin has been refreshed, I ran multiple Repairs. I am at a loss.

I am also looking at the correct database

I go into Studio and delete the field and get a database error. Doesn’t exist.
Studio shows it missing. I recreate the field. Same issue. Not in database.

I tired creating a test HTML field and now it just hangs and now error in either error_log or suitecrm.log

Something is very flaky in your installation.

However, as a point of sanity - if you have records that use the HTML fields, and the data gets stored and gets retrieved, you can be sure they are in the database. Maybe you’re looking at the wrong database in phpMyAdmin? Or there is a second screenfull of fields you’re not seeing?

I dont think HTML fields are editable.

Try creating an HTML field. It won’t allow you to edit it in your Edit View. HTML are non-db fields.

I was using logic hooks to fill the fields. They were never being saved to the database.

1 Like

You’re right, they don’t go in the DB.

This is what I got in the vardefs when creating the field with a value (given in Studio, not in the Edit view):

cache/modules/PGR_PgrCustomModule/PGR_PgrCustomModulevardefs.php

'html_c' => 
    array (
      'inline_edit' => '',
      'labelValue' => 'html',
      'required' => false,
      'source' => 'non-db',
      'name' => 'html_c',
      'vname' => 'LBL_HTML',
      'type' => 'html',
      'massupdate' => '0',
      'default' => '<p>Some value.</p>',
      'no_default' => false,
      'comments' => '',
      'help' => '',
      'auto_new' => '',
      'auto_edit' => '',
      'importable' => 'true',
      'duplicate_merge' => 'disabled',
      'duplicate_merge_dom_value' => '0',
      'audited' => false,
      'reportable' => true,
      'unified_search' => false,
      'merge_filter' => 'disabled',
      'len' => '255',
      'size' => '20',
      'default_value' => '<p>Some value.</p>',
      'studio' => 'visible',
      'dbType' => 'text',
      'id' => 'PGR_PgrCustomModulehtml_c',
      'custom_module' => 'PGR_PgrCustomModule',

So, there’s the answer to your original question: the field only has a default value, not a variable value, and it is set in Studio, and saved in the vardefs.

EDIT: For some reason, I don’t see the value being shown in the Detail view. But it’s there in the Edit view (non-editable). This is likely a bug…