Weird javascript error

Fresh install (2nd install - fighting permission errors)
I think I’ve got the permission problems fixed - except for the cache folder. I keep having to go there and fix permissions on newly added items.

I’ve added some custom fields and started customizing the accounts layout. After a bit of customizing I went to see how it looked… it looked fine.
jserror2
I clicked around the site and ended up back at the accounts screen and saw this error (see attached)

If I click the icon, both the icon and the error go away. So far it seems like this only happens when I go to the accounts page from the home page.

The only thing I could find in console was this:

Source map error: request failed with status 404
Resource URL: https://www.example.com/db/cache/include/javascript/sugar_grp1_jquery.js?v=ep3JUMmySayCg8SsL2qNGQ
Source Map URL: jquery.qtip.min.js.map

I have no idea what that means or how to fix this. Any help appreciated.

Hey,
Are you still having issues with this?

As far as I’m aware, that button should show the currently active filter on the module, (ie when you’re searching)
Clicking it will clear the search filter, which would explain why it disappears when clicked.

Do you know if any search filters were active at that time?
Or, do you know if this appeared before any custom changes were made?

Check file config.php and check these lines:

'default_permissions' => 
  array (
    'dir_mode' => 1528,
    'file_mode' => 493,
    'user' => '',
    'group' => '',
  ),

If you are in linux, make sure web user and group are added properly.

Thanks,

AlxGr

Thank you guys for the info. I got desperate and was running out of time, so I ended up installing SugarCRM CE 6.5. It still took some fiddling with permissions to get it working, but I didn’t hit any dead-ends, and all is well now. I DID have to set a cron job to constantly fix permissions on a few folders, but I had tried that on SuiteCRM as well and it didn’t work (maybe I didn’t cover all the folders I needed to - I don’t know.)

I think I found out what the issue was. I kept having permission issues with everything on this new Plesk server. It took a long time, but my hosting company (Rackspace) finally found out that one of their techs had messed up FACLs on my server. Once that was fixed all the permission problems went away, but by that time we were using Sugar.

I plan to try SuiteCRM again at a later date, and hopefully this FACL fix means I won’t have so much trouble!

Thanks again!

I am glad you discovered what the problem was.

Please be careful using such old software, it’s very insecure, especially if you have it accessibile from the Internet. A hacker can completely own SugarCRM 6.5 directly from the login page, it isn’t hard.

The newest SuiteCRM’s are hundreds of security fixes ahead of that sorrowful state.

Thanks pgr. I ALWAYS value your input!
I’ve blocked all but a few IPs using htaccess - I hope that is sufficient (I was worried too - I just ran out of options.)
I’ll be back to try SuiteCRM again in the near future - it’s still my first choice!

1 Like