Way to upload contact image?

Is there any way to have profile image to Contacts ( contact module ) via rest api?
Any V4.1 or V8 REST method to access uploaded contact photo or url ?

I am checking at demo site : demo.suiteondemand.com

1 Like

Hey there

Are you still having issues with this?

I’ve investigated this a little myself, and I’ve so far been unable to achieve this :slightly_frowning_face:

A user has noted their attempts with this using V4.1, perhaps it is worth investigating their attempts here:

(Granted, this is for a Custom Module, and not Contacts)

It very well may be that the functionality simply does not exist in SuiteCRM at the moment

If not, this would be worth raising as a suggestion ticket on our Github repo:https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/new

(Or if anyone else knows how to go about this, that’d be great to share!)

I don’t think the functionality exists.

There’s probably some way to extend the API with custom functions. Then you’d have to write that function to emulate what the normal upload image screen does (probably registers it in the database and copies the file into the upload directory).

Ideally having contact with profile picture is common approach and best way I would have used it in app.

Also adding custom module or custom methods will become instance specific.

While mobile app I am developing is expected to work with existing available modules and core features of suitecrm and other types.

So as middle way I managed to generate runtime image based on names initials.

For example name Adam Bell will have image with initials of name like "Ab, “Ad”,or “A”.

See attached -