vCard from contact

Is there a way to export an existing SuiteCRM contact as a vCard? I seem to recall earlier versions of Sugar to have a icon to the right of the contacts name that you could simple click but can find no mention of that feature on SuiteCRM. Thanks.

Hi

I just delved a bit in to this issue and I found that the vCard appears to the right of the “Name” field, but not in “First Name” and “Last Name” fields.

If I’m not mistaken, the most recent SuiteCRM’s use the First/Last name pair on the Detail view of contacts. You can always go into Studio to change the fields displayed.

1 Like

Is there a way to just display the vcard icon ? Maybe with the code ?

You mean show it without adding the “Name” field to the layouts?

You want to keep the separate “First name” and “Last name”, but still get the VCard button, is that it?

I guess that just needs editing the SugarFields definitions for these fields…

The current one is here: https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/include/SugarFields/Fields/Fullname/DetailView.tpl#L54-L56

I can’t find one for the First Name or Last Name, so I assume it’s using the generic string Field type. You would have to change the field_type to use “Fullname” (so it uses that tpl linked above), but I’m not sure if that is enough, since this uses a Form and needs a back-end action to handle it. Maybe it’s already there and everything will work automagically, but maybe it isn’t and you will need to add more files and it will get trickier…

I really don’t know how to do this, I am just giving you generic pointers. Please share your solution if you can get one :cheer:

1 Like