Upgrade wizard stuck on Confirm Layouts screen

Hi,

I upgraded from version 7.4.3 to 7.6.7 today. It appears as if the upgrade completed successfully (the “About” section confirms that I am running version 7.6.7), however I’ve noticed that the Upgrade Wizard seems to have gotten stuck at step 5: Confirm Layouts.

It asks me to click Next, and when I do it produces a long report which ends as follows:

Processing custom relationship meta for securitygroups_records…Done
Processing custom relationship meta for securitygroups_users…Done
Processing custom relationship meta for contacts_accounts_1…Done
Deleting relationship cache file…
Updating the admin warning message…
Done

There are no further buttons to click, and each time I go back to the Upgrade Wizard the same things happens.

I’ve also tried a Quick Repair and Rebuild, and have restarted the server. Results remain the same.

Any ideas how to get the Upgrade Wizard reset so that I can upgrade to version 7.7.5?

Thanks,
Adriaan

Did you find an answer for this. I have the same issue.

Thanks.

I have the same issue.
I upgraded to 7.7.8 and it completed but showed the same report.

Processing custom relationship meta for securitygroups_records…Done
Processing custom relationship meta for securitygroups_users…Done
Processing custom relationship meta for contacts_accounts_1…Done
Deleting relationship cache file…
Updating the admin warning message…
Done

Now it’s stuck on the Confirm Layouts Screen so if I wanted to upgrade to a new version I will be unable to.

Thank You,
Marc

The same problem here.

I have this same issue, since upgrading to 7.8.3. Clicking next seems to work but it doesn’t go to the regular upgrade screen afterward and reloading the upgrade module puts me back at confirm layouts.

It seems I was able to fix the issue by doing a chown www-data:www-data -R on the suitecrm website folder.

@pridetechdesign to avoid future problems you should investigate why this chown was necessary.

Common causes are

• you’re running your cron jobs as root or some other user different from www-data
  • you log in as some other and edit files
  • you access the files from SSH or FTP using another user

I had similar problems. It got so bad, that when upgrading from 7.7.x, everything stopped working and in the end, even the database connection was dropped (I am running SuiteCRM on AWS) and I was facing a blank screen.

I managed to get it up and running by building a new vm, doing a restore and then watching the ‘suitecrm.log’ file for any error messages.

I am now running it on Apache 2.4 with PHP 7.0 and MySQL 5.7 (via RDS).

These are the modules I installed to get it working on my instance:

sudo yum install -y httpd24 php70 php70-mysqlnd php70-mbstring php70-zip

And make sure your permissions are set correctly and you have cleared your browser’s cache!!

In your php.ini file, you might want to uncomment ‘date.timezone =’ and set it to your location, e.g. ‘date.timezone = “Europe/London”’

Could you please tell me the exact path you ran the chown command on?

that would not be helpful to you.

It needs to be run on the root folder of suitecrm, if it needs to be run at all.