Upgrade Wizard Error on 7.10.25

Windows-related issues are notoriously difficult for the core team to work on, the company culture is definitely Linux

If you can investigate a bit more, you might be able to help yourself and diagnose this a bit furtherā€¦

That value is completely crazy for the function to return. If you can try to understand why the function is returning that, and what are the exact permissions on the file (icacls DOS command might help), it would be great. This could be a PHP bugā€¦ :frowning:

I am actually thinking if there would be a way for me to run the whole thing on linux (although the server is a windows)ā€¦

For development, I run a Windows Subsystem for Linux (v1) on my Windows 10 laptop, so I can run SuiteCRM on Ubuntu without leaving my preferred windows desktop.

Yeah but this is not a development CRM I have like 15 users and they do everyday work in it :frowning: Thats also a reason why I am responding pretty slowly here. I always have to work on it at night :smiley: Btw - thank you @pgr for all your advice.

I use it for development, but I donā€™t mean that it canā€™t be used for production. It seems to operate just fine. Although I would need to check if WSL hurts performance or not, I am not sure.

You can make SuiteCRM run on Windows in 3 ways:

1. Native - SuiteCRM runs on Windows, as long as you have the proper AMP stack installed!
  2. Inside WSL
  3. Inside a VM

Iā€™ve done all 3 of those successfully. If I was going to install this for a production server, I would always use a virtualization layer, so I would go with 3.

See

Soooo, I was finally able to do an update (it only took me a few months :smiley: although I only worked on it a few times during that time) and here is the sumup for anyone who needs it:

1. you are on a windows
  2. you are on suitecrm 7.11.13
  3. when you try to update - bad things happen:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type SplFileInfo as array in F:\xampp\htdocs\crm\include\utils\file_utils.php:57

1. you try to use the upgrade patch (available in suitecrm download)
  2. the patch messes it up even more and you end up with bad file permissions and in the end I proved it wrong. The php file delivered with this suitecrm upgrade patch is wrong and it canā€™t really check file permissions. It returns a nonsense value of 3320633206.
  3. my solution was this:
  • I downloaded v. 7.11.14
  • I found a folder modules/UpgradeWizard
  • I simply copy / pasted this whole folder to my v 7.11.13 (I replaced the whole modules/UpgradeWizard folder with it) and I did the upgrade :smiley:

Yeah it was that simple :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Yeah I am convinced of this also. It happens on Windows only.

But I canā€™t see a bug in our code here. I think itā€™s a PHP bug that only appears on Windows, but I would like to be sureā€¦

If you edit the modules/users/vardefs.php file and remove the (30) in the index it will resolve the issue:

array(
            'name' => 'idx_user_name',
            'type' => 'index',
            'fields' => array(
                'user_name',
                'is_group',
                'status',
                'last_name (30)',
                'first_name (30)',
                'id'
            )
        ),