Upgrade 7.12.x to 7.13.4 failing on PHP 8.2.7 Debian 12 System

Hello,

I have been working on upgrading our old CRM step by step from 7.8 to 7.11.12 to 7.12.8 which worked fine using the Debian system suitable for the upgrades. As next step on the new Debian 12 system I was going to update to 7.13.4 which fails. The system check is fine, not showing any issues and then uploading the update file “SuiteCRM-Upgrade-7.12.x-to-7.13.4.zip” fails with the message “The uploaded file is not compatible with this version of PHP: PHP Version: 8.2.7”. Looking at the compatibility matrix it shows PHP versions 7.4, 8.0 as compatible. Is there a way around to make this work or do I need to have a debian system old enough for PHP 8.0 ? I am aiming to go all the way to version 8 of the CRM, 7.13 would only be a step along the way. Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards.
Jan

You can install multiple versions of PHP, it’s not that hard, and it is very documented online.

So you can get PHP 8.0 working on your current server.

Hi @pgr,

I don’t know how that works with Debian means, I dislike using any means of installing software unless its the way it comes with Debian sumply to have the advantage of easy to update security fixes. I have installed a Debian 11 system and there the upgrade worked but still had to read up on an issue where the Admin page would remain empty. The link below helped me fixing that issue.

https://community.suitecrm.com/t/unable-to-view-admin-page-after-installing-7-12/83188/3

Thank you
Jan P.

1 Like