"undefined" message on pop-up

When I click on an email address in a lead or an account, I get a popup saying "
“Performing Task, One moment please.”

If I go to Activities, Emails I get a screen with Check Mail, Compose, Settings buttons and nothing else.

Something with javascript is screwed up

Some file somewhere is not being seen.

I’m about ready to give up Suite… either go back to Sugar or use X2engine. I hate to do it, but I really need Suite 7.2.1 to work as well as the previous version did.

I hope someone can help me figure all of this out. (No way will I go through a re-install… just no time for it.)

I was really hoping one of the SalesAgility guys would get on here, but I guess not.

I FIXED IT!

What a PITA SuiteCRM can be.

I set the permission to these files to 777:

/include/javascript/sugarwidgets/SugarYUILoader.js
/include/javascript/sugarwidgets/SugarYUIWidgets.js

Why are there still references to 'Sugar" in Suite? Yes, it is a fork, but by now (i.e. 7.2.x) I would have thought that the code base would be “all Suite” and no ore Sugar.

Congrats.

As far as the sugar name throughout, I can’t answer for Sales Agility but it does state this on the SuiteCRM home page

© Supercharged by SuiteCRM © Powered By SugarCRM

I suspect the name will eventually disappear as time goes on.

It might help someone someday, i sometime have issues with some files that are encoded in the wrong “format” like MAC-ROMAN or something. When i edit those files and change the encoding to UTF8 + repair and rebuild some language strings start working again.

Some files in /custom/Extension/application/Ext/Language/ for example…

See ya!
Octavio

Not sure if this helps anyone else but I had this (very frustrating!) problem for several months before working it out. I had tried all permissions based solutions and nothing helped. However, one of the above posts referenced the javascript language files and that prompted me to look at the configuration in config.php - where there were two relevant settings - one for default language and the other for removing languages. In my case they were both set to en_us - meaning there were no language files being loaded. Removing the en_us option in the excluded language files (meaning that language file would not be excluded) fixed the problem for me!

In my case I believe the problem was solved after I changed document root in Apache config to “/public” folder. Looks like javascript was not finding things correctly.