Unable to send mass emails

Hi Guys, I am running 7.5.3 and everything has been working fine apart from the inability to send mass emails. When I select two or more contacts and choose ‘e-mail’ from the drop down menu, nothing happens. If I choose ‘Generate Letter’, all of our templates work fine.

The e-mail feature used to work fine but it stopped a few months ago and my customer is n=on my back to fix it.

Does anyone have any idea where to start to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hi,

I believe this is an issue in the most recent versions of SuiteCRM.

We have logged it on our github repository here: https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/1136

Sathish has provided a fix for it here: https://github.com/sathishsengodan/SuiteCRM/commit/f817769b80a07945183c5f4bbeb0d47686627e89

But i am unsure as to how upgrade-safe it is, so if you are to make this change then i would recommend taking a copy of your CRM.

1 Like

Hi John.

thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

I made a copy of include/javascript/sugar_3.js and made the changes suggested. It made things a lot worse as my crm lost all its formatting - it ended up as just text. I replaced the changed file with the original but the crm has still lost its format and is unusable.

Is there a way of repairing the damage I have done?

Sorry to be a pain!

Kind regards,

Dave

Hi,

Im not sure how such a minor change would affect the CRM in such a way.

After you reverted the change, Did you run a Quick Repair & Rebuild?

If possible, would you be able to run one, if you haven’t already?

After that, Try pressing CTRL+F5.
This will clear your browser cache and refresh the page, hopefully resolving the bad formatting.

Hi John,

It’s odd, isn’t it? It seemed such an insignificant change and I put the original back straight away. I did a quick repair and rebuild but it looks the same - you can get an idea of how it looks here: http://brisbanejazzclub.com.au/crm

I have tried in two browsers and on my iPad but the format remains the same.

I will have another play in the morning to see if I can figure it out - it’s been a long day!

Thanks again for your help and advice, I do appreciate it.

Dave

Hi,

Look the response of server.
You have to propage the good permission,
then make a quick repair / rebuild … rebuild javascript… and so.

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (sugar_grp1_yui.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (sugar_grp1.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (sugar_grp1_jquery.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (style.js, line 0)
[Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: YAHOO
	global code (index.php:22)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (jquery.qtip.min.css, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (yui.css, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (deprecated.css, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (style.css, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (sugar_field_grp.js, line 0)
[Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: $
	global code (login.js:47)
[Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: SUGAR_callsInProgress
	global code (index.php:304)
[Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: $
	global code (index.php:310)
[Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: closeMenus
	onmouseout (index.php:35)

1 Like

To add on to what item has said above,

After setting permissions and running a Quick Repair and Rebuild,

It may be worth trying a “Rebuild JS Groupings” as there are many errors that appear on-load of your CRM that mention missing JS files in the /cache/ directory.

Thank you Item and John for your help and suggestions. All the JS problems were caused by me clearing the caches to see if it would cheer things up a bit. It didn’t! Thankfully, I made a copy beforehand and now my crm view is just fine.

I made the changes again to include/javascript/sugar_3.js - basically adding a couple of =='s and now, when I click on a single email address in list view, it brings up the email box correctly. This is an improvement because it would not do that before. I still have the issue of when I select multiple contacts and attempting to send a mass email, nothing happens.

I will experiment with the sugar_3.js file to see if I can add a couple of =='s somewhere else and fix it!

I wonder if anyone else has managed to fix the multiple select email thing?

Thanks again for your help - you guys are awesome.

Dave

What’s the status. Note that it is MUCH more helpful if you could be more specific about which line number in the file you made the modifications to otherwise the rest of us dealing with this problem are shooting in the dark.

I can help you