Unable to import more than 30 records into custom module

Hi all,
it seems I’m having the same issue. I am unable to import more than 50 account records and maximum records saved are 118. After 60 seonda approx the process is interrupted with an internal Servererror 500. During the import process a bar is showing “Import 1 to 100 from 5188” insinuating that only 100 are being imported, the rest not. All adjustment in php.ini has been increased. No entry in the php_error.log
I am using
Version 7.11.8
Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)
The issue is not happening when I import the template file with 6 accounts.Is there any limitation in records handling in SuiteCRM?

Hi

I moved this to a separate thread, I don’t think we should mix these, it gets very confusing.

I do think it’s strange that there are no relevant messages in either one of your logs… Is your php_errors.log set to catch all kinds of errors?

Did you restart your web server if you made any changes to your php.ini?

You could have a specific line in your CSV that is causing the bug to trigger. If this is the case, then the problem wouldn’t be the amount of data, but some specific line of data that has something that causes problems for the importer.

You can narrow this down using bi-section. You make a file with only those first 100 lines, and it causes the error. Then you split it in half and test if the error only happens on one of them. If so, split that file in half and try again, continue until you find the culprit.

OK.
thank you very much

I tried several files and mapping settings without positive result. When selecting “create new records only” the import bar goes up to 200 giving some hope before intrrupting with an error. This although 229 records are already imported (from 5200).
In the suitecrm.log following Fatal errors are shown

Wed Oct 30 13:59:45 2019 [2876][1][FATAL] Caught error: stat(): stat failed for upload/import/status_1.csv
Wed Oct 30 13:59:45 2019 [2876][1][FATAL] Caught error: touch(): UploadStream::stream_metadata is not implemented!
Wed Oct 30 13:59:46 2019 [2876][1][FATAL] Caught error: Trying to get property of non-object

Any suggestions?

I wonder if your ownerships/permissions for the uploads directory need to be fixed? It seems to have problems reading the file, although that doesn’t seem related to processes that fail halfway through.

Can you check in Admin / Diagnostics / phpinfo the effective value of your resource limits?

memory_limit
max_execution_time
max_post_size
max_upload_size

Memory Limit: local 512M master 512
max Execution time: Local 3600 (threethousandsixhundred) Master 360 ( threehundredsixty)
max_post_size Local 10000 Master 10000
max upload size Local unlimited Master unlimited

That looks ok.

There is an update that is quite critical to apply if you’re running 7.11.8, maybe it’s also causing this:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/7762/files

And then run a Admin / Repairs / Rebuild .htaccess

Tell me if that fixes anything.

If you prefer, you can also wait for 7.11.9 which I am hoping will come out tomorrow.

Thank you.

Maybe this is correlated to another bug I have.
I wanrted to prepare for the update through the Upgrade wizard, but I get an Server error at the first step “System check”.

Any idea what this can be?

Please check both your logs for further clues.

Following error in the php.log

open_basedir restriction in effect.

File …\include\utils/recaptcha_disabled.tpl is not within the allowed path: …\C:\Windows\Temp in …\include\Sugar_Smarty.php on line 143

I investigated and in file Sugar_Smarty.php on line 143 I have following command

if (file_exists($test_path)) {

I could solve the issue. Upload file Needs to be in the CRM Folder on the Server or the open_base_dir Needs to Show “None” to allow uploading files from elsewhere.

But now following error when downloading the error list after Import:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mime_content_type() in
CRM\SuiteCRM\download.php:183 Stack trace: #0
CRM\SuiteCRM\include\MVC\Controller\SugarController.php(1020): require_once() #1
CRM\SuiteCRM\include\MVC\Controller\SugarController.php(468): SugarController->handleEntryPoint() #2
CRM\SuiteCRM\include\MVC\Controller\SugarController.php(373): SugarController->process() #3
CRM\SuiteCRM\include\MVC\SugarApplication.php(113): SugarController->execute() #4
CRM\SuiteCRM\index.php(52): SugarApplication->execute() #5 {main} thrown in
CRM\SuiteCRM\download.php on line 183

There are some PHP extensions that need to be enabled. Depending on what kind of hosting you have, these might be options you turn on in CPanel, or they can be settings in php.ini.

I’m not sure about this one, but look for options related to mime or fileinfo.