Turn “module menu filters” off for ALL users!

It has been many years that I was looking for this!

Finally, inspired by Turn "module menu filters" off for new users! which shows how to modify for new users, which was not my main concern since we are using the system since around 2009…

So finally i found how to acheive this but *** it is not upgrade safe *** so if someone did it in an upgrade safe way, I am interrested.
i must point out that this has been applied to 3 instances 7.8.x

using 7.8.28
First make sure your config.php file parameter shows (remove the “g”)
‘default_navigation_paradigm’ => ‘m’,

then open \include\MVC\View\SugarView.php
around line 566 (or close to it)
comment the 3 lines as shown with the "// (here) "
// See if they are using grouped tabs or not (removed in 6.0, returned in 6.1)
// (here) $user_navigation_paradigm = $current_user->getPreference(‘navigation_paradigm’);
// (here) if (!isset($user_navigation_paradigm)) {
$user_navigation_paradigm = $GLOBALS[‘sugar_config’][‘default_navigation_paradigm’];
// (here) }

save the file, no need to rebuild the change is applied immediately, if you are in the system with the
other menu, click on the top menu to show dashboard and your menu will reorganize…

I hope this will help who wish to use it but remember that it is NOT upgrade safe…

Thanks for the tip.

Here is a “prettier” reference of the lines that should be commented out:

A change that could be made in core to accomodate this would be to add a sugar_config entry to specify that the global navigation_paradigm should override user-defined values for that property.

Then this new config could be used to wrap the above code in a new if so that the user-defined entry is only loaded if appropriate.

indeed,
thank you pgr for the tip
i will update my code…

I think there is a better solution here: Disable menu grouping for all users - Upgrade Safe

NOTE: I test it from versions 9 and up.

Thanks,

Broz Technologies