Trying to get the Google Calendar <--> SuiteCRM Sync to work

I am running 7.12.7
I searched the community forum and search the Internet, I could find a few things.
I followed this guide: Google Credentials and Syncing :: SuiteCRM Documentation

-created a cloud project
-created the API key
-downloaded the json file
-installed that into SuiteCRM

However, whenever I try to authorise the calendar access from my own profile after clicking the button the following URI is loaded:

https://SERVER/SUITECRMPATH/index.php?entryPoint=saveGoogleApiKey&getnew

and nothing happens (SERVER and SUITECRMPATH are 100% correct)

What am I doing wrong?

Does this help?

1 Like

Thanks - I saw that a few hours ago … just to be sure I deleted (vendor) and ans used the composer command to redo the vendor dir, but sadly made no changes.

I also made sure the Scheduler command is there (it is).

I then executed the call “php cron.php”, which seems to go through a lot of calendar entries (confirming above)

It actually created the calendar, but there are NOT entries in there.

After I saw it created the calendar in google I added a calendar entry in the SuiteCRM calendar on google … I ma waiting what will happen.

A little frustrating as this a hard to debug.

Your best hopes would be to draw the person who contributed that out of his hibernation.

@benjamin.long we miss you! Help!

1 Like

I don’t know if this is your case, but I found one other thing that can muck this up. If for example you manually delete a meeting both on SuiteCRM side and the Google side before the sync, it keeps a sync DB if I remember correctly and crashes out because it can no longer find the record to sync to. I’ve fixed this by deleting the record manually from the DB and then sync works properly afterwards. So 1) only delete an entry on one side and let the sync happen to delete the other side. Really, the program should account for this and remove the “records to be synced” record when a meeting is deleted on the SuiteCRM side.

1 Like

I hear what you are saying … thank you.

Explanation: I have just set this up … I am waiting for the current events to sync that are already there in the SuiteCRM calendar, also to test it I have created one entry on the GOOGLE site (inside the SuiteCRM cal) and one entry on the SUGAR site.

I have not deleted anything (yet), I am just waiting.

So I waited overnight.

I can see ONE entry that has been synced: the entry I created in SuiteCRM has shown up in the GOOGLE SuiteCRM calendar - so “something” is happening.

However, I cannot see anything that has already been in the calendar.

Just so I can get my head around where you’re at… did the is the google calendar sync enabled in the scheduler? Did google calendar sync run in the Scheduler? If so, did it succeed, if not, did it generate an error?

1 Like

Good questions!

Its working nicely (last 3 displayed)
Google Calendar Syn done success 07/12/2022 10:01 07/12/2022 10:01
Google Calendar Syn done success 07/12/2022 09:01 07/12/2022 09:01
Google Calendar Syn done success 07/12/2022 08:01 07/12/2022 08:01

The function it is calling:
function::syncGoogleCalendar

So sadly we need to keep searching.

Hey
I have observed that there are different calendars in google calendar. If I add a meeting to SuiteCRM calendar it get’s synced to the SuiteCRM
See below where i choose the calendar SuiteCRM

and it get’s synced to the CRM

Yes, that’s how it works, it creates a separate calender for SuiteCRM. Is it now working when you view the SuiteCRM Calendar in Google?

yes if while creating an event in google calendar I select “SuiteCRM” it gets synced to the SuiteCRM Meetings module

Does not help me, though - however I am familiar with this concept as I use other calendars.

There is NOT calendar coming up at all for SuiteCRM, no extra calendar visible.