TinyMCE Editor Advanced mode not working after 7.15 upgrade

After upgrading to 7.15, I cannot “View HTML Source” or any other functions with TinyMCE editor. It says “{#advanced_dlg.code_title}” in the popup, no options.

Tried repair and rebuild, still doesn’t work.

If I turn on “Developer Mode” it works perfectly.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this without rolling back to 7.14? I would prefer to keep “Developer Mode” off so it’s faster for users.



The “Developer Mode” fix doesn’t work.

Rolling back to 7.14.

How do you roll back to 7.1.4?

One thing I learned from SugarCRM is that it’s a really good idea to back up your database and all files before upgrading. New versions usually break things so you’ll need to roll back more often than not. If you copy all of your old files back except for your config.php file you should be ok.

Comparing files, I see that something in TinyMCE has changed from 7.1.4 to 7.1.5.

This is the error I am getting (mydomain is substituted for my actual domain):

Uncaught SecurityError: Blocked a frame with origin “http://crm.mydomain.net” from accessing a frame with origin “http://crm.mydomain.net”. The frame requesting access set “document.domain” to “crm.mydomain.net”, but the frame being accessed did not. Both must set “document.domain” to the same value to allow access.

I specified in the \include\javascript\tiny_mce\tiny_mce_popup.js file to use crm.mydomain.net, but am still getting this error.

According to this page: http://www.tinymce.com/wiki.php/TinyMCE3x:How-to_load_TinyMCE_crossdomain

You just have to specify the document domain value before tinyMCE.init is called…

Working on seeing if that will resolve my issue.

If anyone else has suggestions that would be helpful. Thanks.

I didn’t and now I am getting workflow Send Email action is not expanding like Create Record or Modify Record. Was working in 7.1.4

Any suggestions?

I can not understand the problem, at least not in connection with this upgrade. My installation has already gone through several upgrades (since Sugar 5)

A backup is always necessary, the first test run, however, should be performed on a clone, so that errors can be detected earlier.

Whatever the reason, file and folder permissions will cause problems over the years. I’ve often found that isolated cases of files and folders’ rights were not set correctly.

A backup is important, but the error in my opinion more important.

Maybe that can help

Kind regards
Werner Wieland


Do you think this issue may be permissions related?

I am running on a Windows server, I have full read/write permissions for all folders.

I’ll do clean installations of both 7.1.5 and 7.1.4, to see if the MCE editor works on one and not the other.



hard to say. How did the environment is set. My clone is also on Windows - Windows ignores rights in general. PHP and MySQL version can also play a role.

For me, the last upgrade to Windows was running flawlessly. On the Linux production server I had permission problems with user rights - in some Files - that had to be corrected.

The server log should provide as good indication what the problem is, if the editor is invoked


Looked over the logs, and didn’t see anything unusual.

Did a clean install of SuiteCRM, copied all of my files and settings over, and everything works ok now.